Friday, February 19, 2010

The Beauty of Winter


Most winters, by mid-January, I find myself in the 'winter doldrums.' And then we still have February and March ahead of us! Of course, you couldn't budge me from Wisconsin in the summer and fall. I love walking to the top of our hill and looking at the woods and fields below, or just taking the dogs on our laps around the alfalfa field. And gardening, I love gardening. But winter? That was always something to try to endure until summer and fall were here again.



I know that we could always move to a warmer climate, but that climate would have its own problems, such as snakes and termites, maybe, or having to water the foundation of my house just so it didn't crack! How odd that is.


Besides, how comfortable would it be for my German Shepherd to live where it's beastly hot? And where else is it as beautiful as Wisconsin in April, May, June, July, August, September, and October!


I think it was about a year ago that I realized that my continual complaints against winter were really against a loving and gracious God who gave me winter as part of the package of My Life in Wisconsin.


The point is, this year, rather than complaining for an entire three months, I've decided to look for the beauty in winter. And now that I'm looking, well...just take a look at what I've found!


What's the beauty you've found this winter?

P.S. For anyone who woke up to frozen water pipes, I'm sorry for this post.

P.P.S. Expect relapses. I'm only human.




2 comments:

Angela said...

What beauty have I found this winter? Snow that melts in two days. :P

I can't wait 'til you're here!

Cranberry Morning said...

There's always gotta be a smartaleck in the group. :-) I want to explain that for those who choose to leave Wisconsin, that's not a problem. The problem is choosing to STAY in Wisconsin and then spending three months of the year griping about it. But I do think I'm getting better...and here we are almost at the end of February! :-) Please have daffodils in TX when we come to see you.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails