Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Linky Followers Widget

 

As I'm sure you've heard by now, the GFC Followers widget is going away (as in 'disappearing') in March for those who are non-Blogger bloggers. In order to make it easier for you and your blogging buddies to stay in touch, the Linky Followers widget has come to the rescue. SO, if you click on the link above, it will take you to the Linky Followers homepage and explain how to put the Linky Followers widget on your own blog, so as to avoid disruption of communication and losing your friendly followers.

It really is pretty easy, so those of you who may be reading this blog and are not Blogger bloggers (how weird is that!), I invite you to click on the Linky Followers widget on my sidebar and become a follower of Cranberry Morning.

It's always somewhat aggravating when people like Google get a 'better idea,' although the status quo is just fine, thank you very much, but this annoyance is easily mitigated by signing up for Linky Followers. Although people with WordPress, LiveJournal, and other blogging platforms will no longer have GFC, we can apparently all use Linky Followers. At least, that's my understanding.

I've been a bit out of commission since last week (nothing serious, just a nasty head cold and being very tired. This time I can't blame Lionel), so I've got a lot of catching up to do. I'm off to read your blogs!

Hope you have a great week.

 I had to look at something springlike. We're expecting snow in the next couple days.


Photobucket
...and more! Check out all my handcrafted soaps at

16 comments:

Paulette said...

This whole business of Google Friends and Linky Followers is very confusing. I jumped on the Linky bandwagon several weeks ago. I am now following you with Google Friends and Linky. I gotta keep in touch with my favorite bloggers!❤

Autumn said...

Even the comment forum looks different for me right now. Changes...I don't do well with them.

Thanks for the info. I'll try to work on it today.

P.S. Posted my daffodils for ya!

Empty Nester said...

Thanks for posting this Judy! I'm going to add it to my sidebar for those who are not Blogger bloggers. You're right, that is funny. LOL

Glad you're back in blogland!

Andrea the Kitchen Witch said...

I didn't even know 'GFC' was going away! thanks for this post, I will have to figure out this linky widget thing :) Thanks for looking out for us bloggers!

Yenta Mary said...

Feel better! My mantra: chicken soup and peppermint tea ....

Ruth Kelly said...

I'm a follower. Love the lilacs.

NanaNor's said...

Hi there, Snow has already hit our area of Colorado-a good day to stay inside. I put Linky on my blog on the weekend and hopefully this will be the end of any changes. Love the Lilac pic-reminds me that spring is around the corner.
Hugs, Noreen

Marti said...

I am trying to figure out if I need an alternative besides Google Friends, since I am on blogger. I sure would hate to lose all my none blogger site friends.

SImple and Serene Living said...

I added Linky to my blogger account just in case. I don't trust Google. :)

Anonymous said...

Hi Judy,
I love your spring photo - very uplifting.
Hope you will feel better soon my friend ^_^
Have a lovely day!

Eva

Judy S. said...

Thanks for the heads up, Judy!

Denise said...

Thanks for sharing.

Under Her Wings said...

Thanks, Judy. I am so illiterate with this blogging thing that I don't even understand the jargon, but I'll try to carve out some time for this in the next day or so. It's good to have someone around who knows what they're doing! (Maybe I'll get my 16 year old granddaughter to come and help me!)

Amy of While Wearing Heels said...

Some days I feel like I have this blogging thing figured out, other days I feel so lost. Thanks for sharing, what appears, to be a very important piece of info. Amy @ whilewearingheels.blogspot.com

laurie said...

Thanks for the link!

Life Happens said...

If it ain't broke, don't fix it...that's my motto and wish the whole GFC would follow it!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails