Garden Lighting in the Basswood
Note the globes filling with rainwater.
Join Joyce and the rest of the crew
From This Side of the Pond
(click on the button below)
1. Speaking of 180...when was the last time you 'did a 180' on something?
I know, I'm incredibly boring, but 180s are rare, and I don't recall the last one.
2. It's Independence Week in the US of A! What's your favorite thing about America right this very minute? Favorites only! Let's hear what you love about America.
If you're playing along today, and you're not an American but have been to America, what do/did you like best about this country? If you've never been to America, do you have any desire to visit? What's the number one thing you'd like to see?
What I loved about the America I grew up in was that it was a melting pot, with many ethnic groups represented, but a common language eagerly learned by those who wanted to assimilate - to become Americans. Also, the ability for hardworking, frugal, persevering people to achieve their dreams, start a small business, become independent, and provide for a family on one income. It was possible, and many did just that. Check out Terri's post about her husband Joe and his family. It really is a must-read post. You'll see what I mean.
What I love about America right now is that because of the Interstate I-35, it's only a 20 hour drive to visit our daughter and SIL in Texas. Imagine how much longer it would have taken on state roads prior to 1956.
On Hwy. SS
3. Stars or stripes? Red, white, or blue? Watermelon, homemade vanilla ice cream, or blueberry pie?
Blueberry pie. Check out the one on A Creative Princess. What a gorgeous pie! And in stars & stripes, no less! Pretty clever.
Reminds me of my horse, Shammar,
but missing white sox and blaze on face.
Maybe when I was a kid and was thrown by my horse. Definitely more than once.
5. 'Clear as a bell', 'with bells on', 'lots of bells and whistles', 'saved by the bell'...which phrase 'rings' truest for you lately? Have you ever seen The Liberty Bell?
None of those currently applies to me in any way. Anyway, yes I've seen The Liberty Bell. We took the kids to Philadelphia when we lived in Pennsylvania for a while. Philadelphia is a great place to visit, along with so many other interesting towns in Pennsylvania. Beautiful topography and scenery, so much interesting history.
DCI Foyle's car
6. Are you caught up in World Cup fever? Have you watched a lot or a little or none at all?
I have absolutely no interest in the World Cup. If it were on any of the 4 channels our TV gets, I would put in a Campion, Foyle's War, or Downton Abbey DVD.
7. Bid farewell to June in 10 words or less.
June I hardly knew ye.
(And that is so true. It flew by incredibly fast.)
8. Insert your own random thought here.
Reading Paulette's blog about her decluttering project, I am sitting here thinking about my great need to declutter this house. I can spend a lot of time just pondering where to begin. I'm sure the only reason I'm not considered a hoarder is because our house is big enough to accommodate our stuff. Time to go find boxes and start moving it to GoodWill - or eBay. Or the dumpster.
Check out my natural, handcrafted vegan soaps.
Buy any 5 or more, Get 1 FREE