My Cheery Indoor Flock
Join Joyce and the Gang
for Wednesday Hodgepodge.
She writes the questions,
and we write the answers.
Check it out with the button link below.
1. American Idol is back for a 14th season. Are you watching? Have you ever watched? If you were to audition for the show (or were made to audition), what song would you sing?
I do not watch. I did watch the first two seasons, at least part of them, because I remember Kelly Clarkson and Ruben Somebodyorother winning. I also saw Carrie Underwood on her winning episode. BUT, it's not my favorite thing, seems like deja vu all over again, and the only redeeming feature was Simon Cowell, in my opinion.
You couldn't give me enough money, I detest the idea of fame, and you couldn't force me to audition, even at gunpoint.
2. Mark Twain is quoted as saying, "If it's your job to eat a frog, it's best to do it first thing in the morning. And if it's your job to eat two frogs, it's best to eat the biggest one first."
So when did you last have to 'eat a frog'? Or two? How'd that work out?
I don't remember the last time, specifically, but assuming this is metaphorical, it is the way I was raised. I always tackle the biggest and least desirable task first...well, almost always.
3. If you were going on safari, what is the number one animal you'd want to see?
A German Shepherd. Definitely. But if you're restricting it to animals usually found on a safari, I'd say giraffe. They're so pretty, graceful, and exotic.
4. January 21st is National Granola Bar Day. I know. Do you like granola bars? Chewy or crunchy? Your favorite flavor? How about regular granola? Let's exhaust this topic in honor of the holiday okay?
I don't eat granola bars. I try to stay away from grains, and besides, granola bars are about the worst thing possible for your teeth. I try to stay from chewing on crushed ice also, because that's the other thing that's really hard on teeth - all that warming and cooling of the enamel. Yes, I learned that from my dentist. He has a plaque on his wall that reads, 'Only take care of the teeth you want to keep.'
5. If only_______I had something constructive to say today._________________.
My favorite view
(Unfortunately, not anywhere nearby)
6. You can add one item to your bedroom. What will it be? Keep it family friendly please.
A German Shepherd puppy, eight weeks old. (You can add to #5: "and if only I weren't obsessing over German Shepherd puppies.")
I loved Christmas time. I love having family here and a fire in the stove and little white lights strung around the room. I'm enjoying the longer days (more daylight hours) and that the calendar is already past the mid point of January. I'm also enjoying planning a trip!
Family is here this week and I'm getting some PJs sewn. I don't know why it is, but the week and month are rushing by. This is not typical of January!
THIS POST IS LINKED TO
THIS POST IS LINKED TO
Check out my handcrafted, vegan soap!
Buy any 5 or more, Get 1 FREE
Natural, Handcrafted Vegan Soap