Friday, May 26, 2017

Photo Greeting Cards - The SUCH Has Arrived!! - And Anglophile Friday



When I opened my Etsy shop, HomemadeSoapnSuch, in 2012, there were several possibilities of what the 'such' would be to accompany my natural, handcrafted vegan soaps. I made many different trial products such as massage balm, lotions, etc. but none of them was exactly what I wanted.

Then it occurred to me that it didn't have to be a bath and body product, and there was no reason that I couldn't include what I really wanted to include, which was photography. Once I got on Instagram, it was evident to me that people are crazy about barns. Living in Wisconsin all of my life thus far, barns are simply part of the landscape. But I have taken a lot of photos of barns simply because I know that although there are as many if not more dairy cows in the state now, most of the small dairy farms are no longer operating. And once the barns are no longer heated by those beautiful bovine creatures, the foundations begin to crumble and soon the barns are falling down.

I decided to make a collection of photo greeting cards with Wisconsin Barns pictured on them. I wanted a card of exceptional quality, so I settled for nothing less. 



It's pretty hard to stop with just Wisconsin Barns, so I decided to also create a set of four photo greeting cards with Wisconsin Farm Animals, pictured above. Of course I have more than four photos of farm animals, but these are really my favorites.

Each note card is professionally printed on premium matte heavy card stock and has a blank interior, comes with an envelope (always handy) and is enclosed in a cello sleeve, then all four in the set are wrapped with a cigar band label (pictured above). The back of each card has a mini photo of the photo on the front.


Besides Barron County, where I have lived most of my life (except for the year that I was riding motorcycle and shooting alligators in the Beni River in Bolivia), my favorite part of Wisconsin is the Driftless Area, southwestern Wisconsin. There is a huge Amish community there, and we happen to be friends with some of them. Although we also have an Amish community in our neighborhood in Barron County, Vernon County is where the larger community is and where the photos for my photo greeting cards were taken. So that's another set, as you can see: Wisconsin Amish.


AND NOW we move to England (not literally):


In 2003 I traveled to England for the very first time, with my brave daughter who rented a car and took me touring the country for twelve fantastic days, from Bath to the Cotswolds, to North Yorkshire, to Cambridge, and back to London.  Personally, I think it's nearly impossible to visit England once, and I certainly wasn't going to attempt it. So I have ended up with thousands of photos from various trips to that enchanting land, but I created three sets of photo greeting cards with an England theme.

North Yorkshire:  Pictured above is the photo greeting card set from some of my favorite photos of Yorkshire. (I know I use the word 'favorite' too much, but really I can't think of anything else). It is a magical place, and although some people seem to think that sheep aren't extraordinary, Scottish Blackface sheep most definitely are, and I managed to get a few photos of those beautiful creatures (my favorite is included in the North Yorkshire set).


England Favorites:  Pictured above is the set of four, which includes the fabulous York Minster, a scene from the charming village of Kettlewell in North Yorkshire, High Street in Oxford, and St. Paul's at Night (London). 





Last, and definitely not least, the Sacred Spaces England set (pictured above): This was the most difficult of all to narrow down to just four. But included are two that I took in Canterbury Cathedral (to include the apse and the Becket Flame), York Minster, and the dark and beautiful Ely Cathedral.

All of these photo greeting card sets are now listed and described in full detail in my Etsy Shop.


Of course, I still sell natural handcrafted vegan soaps too, don't forget. :-)

So be sure to check out my new photo greeting cards. I am thrilled with the finished product and I hope  you'll like them too.


***

Check out my natural, handcrafted vegan soap too!
Buy any 5 or more, Get 1 FREE
 

Amazing Men's Soap,
'Country Gentleman'

Perfect for Father's Day - coming soon!

Natural Vegan Soap


...and more! Check out all my handcrafted soaps at
 
HomemadeSoapNSuch


and at


Our ETSY Shop


Join me on Instagram: @cranberrymorning


Judy

18 comments:

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

Oooohhhh...how exciting! I love them and put the barns in my Etsy favs! Hugs!

MadSnapper said...

you chose well with the photos for all the packs of cards, they are all beautiful, I like the barns and the animals... at first I wondered just what SUCH you had received, I was a tad relieved when I read the whole post since receiving SUCH in the mail had my mind PONDERING....

Butterfly 8)(8 Bungalow said...

So neat! Have a great weekend. xoxo Su

Mama Hen said...

Judy, your creativity is unstoppable! The cards are beautiful and such a fantastic idea! What a great idea! :) Have a beautiful Memorial Day weekend!

Elizabethd said...

What a lovely idea. Cornish photos would be nice on cards too!

Heide at ApronHistory said...

What a great idea! So many good choices. I will have to think about it awhile to decide which one I need! :)

Margaret Birding For Pleasure said...

Great idea and all look wonderful. Have a lovely weekend

The Joy of Home with Martha Ellen said...

Judy, I'm glad to see you have added cards to your shop. They are wonderful with your lovely photography. I couldn't agree with you more about visiting England. It had a way of taking my heart and longing for more. So you know which cards I adore. Congratulations on your new addition. I'm still using your lovely soap, but it won't be long before I need more. Have a nice weekend. ♥

Debbie said...

Oh I am soo pleased that you have put your lovely, lovely photos to use on something like this! PERFECT idea on how to show them. They all look just wonderful! I am going to be making a visit to your shop soon. Have a wonderful week-end!

Aritha V. said...

What a good idea! I like it!

podso said...

Exciting addition to your Etsy shop. I use blank cards like this for birthday cards too. It looks like a great selection!

Sue said...

Good luck with this new adventure, Judy, the photos are so lovely! I love to see people fulfill their dreams!
Wishing you a most blessed Memorial Day weekend!
Sue

Vee said...

Yes, I was just thinking how well suited these would be for men. I try to make up my own plain notecards for sending so I do think this is a splendid idea. All the best with it, Judy!

Lynne said...

I know where I need to visit . . .
Ever heard of a "cardaholic" . . .
Well done Miss Cranberry Morning . . .

Cheryl said...

What fabulous "SUCH" you have added!! Beautiful . . . for sending and for gift-giving!

This N That said...

They look beautiful..What a great idea..good luck..Enjoy your weekend.

Lady Fi said...

What beautiful cards!

Debby@Just Breathe said...

What a great idea. You know I love the barns and churches!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails