Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Visit From the City

 Playing Chinese Checkers, more or less

It was fun to have our son and their three boys out over the weekend, although he had wrenched his back the day before, so I'm sure this wasn't his most favorite trip to the country. We were thrilled to see them and enjoyed every minute they were here.


 Chillin' beside the fire
Wait a minute...


 Take a picture of me upside down, Gramma

The Expedition To The Woods: 

 Lots of vertical, some horizontal, a few diagonal



 Riding the Tree Ostrich


 Grandpa and the Boys

 What's this big mound? Is it an Indian burial mound?
Nothing that exciting. It's just an uprooted tree.
(which actually would have been quite exciting if you had been standing nearby when it happened)


 Balancing on a mossy log

 The cut end of a log and fungi
Okay, this picture is an optical illusion for me. Anyone else?
It looks one way the first time I look at it, then my mind changes it to another.
Every Time.


 And this looks like nothing but a fallen birch with its curled bark,
but I thought it was pretty.


 Another 'Widowmaker'


The great sandstone souvenir to take home from the woods

Game's Over

There was also the trip to see the Chetek Fire Department fire training burn, not to mention the beautiful (albeit dead) wild turkey along the way, but that's for another blog post. I don't want y'all to be overwhelmed.  :-)



Photobucket
...and more! Check out all my handcrafted soaps at

23 comments:

Denise said...

Such sweet boys.

Paulette said...

Precious memories with such cute grandsons. My grandkids would love to romp around in the woods finding treasures, your boys are very lucky to be able to enjoy the woods.

Unknown said...

Looks like you had a wonderful visit! Such great memories you are creating for one another!

Autumn said...

Family is precious and it looks like you captured memories to last forever. Great pics.

SImple and Serene Living said...

There is absolutely nothing better than time with our grandchildren. Love that optical illusion.
Laura

Ruth Kelly said...

Fun romp in the woods. Chinese checkers - now that takes me back to my childhood. I bet your grandsons will always remember the fun times with you. Nice looking boys.

Lois Christensen said...

Your grandsons are cute! Love the pictures of the walk through the woods with them! Glad you had a fun visit. Enjoy your day!

Anonymous said...

Your grandsons are so cute - looks like they had a great time with grandpa there. Great photos!
Remember playing that board game when I was a kid...nice memories :)
Enjoy your day!

Eva

Chatty Crone said...

My awe moment of the day - that is so wonderful to see your grandchildren and grandpa playing outside. Love, sandie

Chatty Crone said...

PS Did you get all those ingredients for the bread from like a health food store or a regular grocery store? lol I'm still on the bread. sandie

laurie said...

Looks like you had an awesome weekend!

Carla from The River said...

Fun post! I liked the adventure in the woods. Did you have to do a wood tick check? We went exploring Friday, Sam ended up with one stuck behind his head. Yuck!

Unknown said...

How fun for you! Exploring the woods can lead to all sorts of stories and adventures. Love the pics of the Chinese checkers too, especially the upside down one. Grandparents ROCK!

Yenta Mary said...

Oh, what fun to have them over and to spend the weekend having adventures!!! :)

Under Her Wings said...

What beautiful boys, Judy, and so smart, too! Chinese checkers, huh? The ticks are out here in droves. We took the kids fishing and I got a tick bite. So yes, check them for ticks!

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

What fun to get out on the land with the boys! Nothing better...except maybe playing board games! ♥♥♥

Terri @ A Creative Princess said...

How fun!! I know you and Kevin loved every minute of having them there! Those boys are adorable!!

Robin said...

Great pictures!!! Looks like you and Kevin had a great weekend with the grandchildren. I know you love the time with them. I watch Daisy everyday while her parents work....I cherish the time I have with her, it's hard to believe that she'll be 5 in May.

Michelle said...

One of my favorite mememories of childhood is wandering and exploring in the woods with my Grandpa. He was a nature man and knew all sorts of things and knew where to find all sorts of things to check out. He once led us to a duck nest filled with eggs that he had found. Looks like a wonderful visit!

Empty Nester said...

Oh Judy, they are the most beautiful boys! What a fantastic time y'all had together! So glad y'all got to have some time and make some memories. My favorite picture is the upside down one!

Kate @ craftwhatever said...

Oh my goodness this looks just like when we visit my parents' house! The kids climb the hill in the leaves and trees. They really feel like they are on some kind of adventure. But I can still see them from the kitchen window! Love your pics!

Dayle ~ A Collection of Days said...

I hope to be a grandmother one of these years. For now, I spoil my great-niece something awful. :)

Your kiddos are just adorable. Precious memories you're making.

Judy S. said...

Sounds like a fun and busy time; have you recovered yet? Hopefully, you've had time to sit with a good book......

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails