Wednesday, January 18, 2017

Hodgepodging The Hundred Acre Woods

Sunset over a farm on Highway 29, Sunday


Join Joyce and the Gang
for


She writes the questions;
we write the answers.
Plug them into your own blog post
and join in!


1. ASAP typically stands for 'as soon as possible'. What else could it stand for in your life right now?

All Subjects Are Pending.

 It's typical in central Wisconsin for silos to have concrete tops.
Around here, they're usually domed or conical steel.

The top of our silo in May

Amish silo, nr. Cashton, WI
although Amish silos in our neck of the woods are the same.

2. Are you the last person to speak up in a group or the first to have an idea? Why do you suppose that is? Is it a good thing or no?

I always have ideas. I'm not saying they're good, but just that they always spring to mind, whether I want them to or not. I would rather discuss something and find that I'm wrong than not to talk about it at all. 

Hartland Town Hall
Where people of Hartland township go to vote, evidently

3. What do you remember best about being 12?

I remember riding my horse Shammar, playing football, building forts,camping at the creek with the neighbor kids, ice skating at the patch of ice in a low spot in the field down the road, and generally spending as much time as possible outdoors doing fun stuff. Otherwise, I'd be in the house dusting furniture or trying to find the floor in my bedroom or in the garden pulling weeds.

 This could be me.
Well, if I were a lot younger, really cute,
and had a darling little daughter who will turn 3 in March.

4. January 18th is National Winnie the Pooh Day. Which character do you relate to the most, and why? If you're stumped go here for inspiration.

I think I'm a combination of Winnie the Pooh and Rabbit. Which means what - that I want to manage the honey pot? So I'm not sure, but I can tell you that in all three Jane Austen quizzes I'm Elinor Dashwood. And I'm Mary Poppins in the Disney characters quiz. Just in case you were wondering.

Mural I painted on our youngest son's wall
when he was little.

5. What's an app you use that helps simplify or make life easier for you in some way?

I like My Fitness Pal, which easily scans and tallies calories and nutrition. It's also been a very neglected app since before Christmas. But the upside to that is that the jeans that were just swimming on me in early December are now nice and snug. :-)  :-((

Sunset, a few minutes later

6. San Francisco (CA), San Diego (CA), San Juan (PR) San Antonio (TX) Sanibel (FL)...you have an all expenses paid long weekend to one of these destinations. Which one do you choose and why?

I would definitely choose San Diego. I've been to San Francisco also, but San Diego is wonderful and I'd like that all-expenses trip there right now, to escape a weekend of snow and cold.

Transporting logs

7. Share with us a song that makes you feel nostalgic? For what?

Several classical music pieces remind me of homeschooling our kids to a background of classical music. OR many British mystery theme songs which remind me of the Thursday evenings we watched PBS Mystery and shared a Bounty bar (like Mounds but thicker dark chocolate).

8.  Insert your own random thought here.

Just a pic of the kitties, because I know you are dying to see them! :-)


I lay down on the [single] bed for a few minutes to check my email (on my phone) and take a quick nap, and by the time I got ready to pull the blanket over myself, you-know-who(s) had appropriated it and I didn't have the heart to take it away. The photo makes it look like Tom K. is squishing Smokey, but they are actually snuggled up side by side, not leaving a lot of room for me.

***

Check out my natural, handcrafted vegan soap!
Buy any 5 or more, Get 1 FREE

Left: Rosemary Mint
All-natural soap with essential oils and rosemary

Right: All-Natural Defense
Handcrafted antibacterial, antifungal soap
with four essential oils



...and more! Check out all my handcrafted soaps at
 
HomemadeSoapNSuch


and at


Our ETSY Shop


Join me on Instagram: @cranberrymorning
Judy

38 comments:

April said...

Those kitties are just the cutest! Can you believe that it's 64 degrees here right now? I had to turn on the A/C last night, in fact. I really don't think we're going to have a winter. My husband played golf this weekend in shorts. Crazy! Your photos are so stunning, Judy.

Preppy Empty Nester said...

Darling pic of the kitties, Judy. Hope you have a wonderful week. Stay warm!

NanaDiana said...

It is always fun to come here and read your Hodgepodge answers, Judy. Hoping you don't have the ice there that we have here. Our roads are still slick this morning.
Love your answers although I would head to Sanibel--(the OLD Sanibel though-that no longer exists)...xo Diana

Stephanie said...

Your Hodgepodge posts are always delightful, my friend.

My, what a darling mural you painted on your son's wall when he was little...you are incredibly talented! My two grandfathers were very talented with their drawing (one got offered a joy at Disney World), but sadly I did not get any of that {{smiles}} I truly cannot draw so I love seeing what others can do.

Anyway, thanks for a lovely post, Judy. Hug to you!

Arlene G said...

I think I would be Eyeore!:) I try not to be an Eyeore but I just cannot help it. We have had very warm temps here for Winter and I have enjoyed walking outside in my capris and a tee. Old man Winter will be back soon I just know it.

Mike@Bit About Britain said...

I enjoyed that - as usual, Judy. Humour, lightness of touch - great photos. Even an old curmudgeon like me would find it hard to avoid the word 'cute' looking at those cats of yours. I used to live not far from the original 100 Acre Wood - it's in Sussex, did you know? I'm hoping to visit it soon and, if I do, will conjure up a bit about it...

MadSnapper said...

the kittens wiped out my memory of what I wanted to say. so cute so awwwwwwwwww.
I have tons and tons of memories of age 12 but not much before that...cute mural and I think I am like piglet.. isn't piglet a believer of murphy's law? always waiting for the next bad thing to come along. my favorite pooh character is Eyeore. I love him. the photo of your silo is gorgeous... so is that barn.

Loris Glassworks said...

I love to nap snuggled up with my kitty, his sweet purr lulls me to sleep. Photos of barns always make me feel joyful, it takes me back to my roots in Indiana, a place filled with barns as far as the eye could see on the flat landscape. Thanks for sharing yours!
Cheers!
Lori in Blue Ridge, GA

Linda said...

That was fun! We are critterless right now so I really enjoyed your sweet kittens!

Debbie said...

Oh yes, COME to San Diego and I'll pop down and we can lunch! lol LOVE San Diego...not much to dislike. Enjoyed your answers...have a good day!

Mrs.T said...

Such fun questions and answers ... loved your ASAP. The sunset picture is gorgeous ... and oh, what a fun mural you painted!

Linda said...

I loved your answers...have a beautiful day friend.

podso said...

Enjoyed your answers. It sounds like you had a wonderful 12. And your kids probably did too! Those kitties do love you!

The Joy of Home with Martha Ellen said...

Judy your photos are always enjoyed by me! The barns with the different silos are something I've not given much thought. You are quite the artist with Pooh and Piglet on your son's wall. Is it still in the room or have you painted over it? Our son-in-law painted Thomas the Tank Engine for our grandson and when they moved I was so sad to see it left behind. Have a nice cozy day and hopefully the kitties will give you a spot to rest. ♥

Nonnie said...

Sweet kitties and all your photos are so beautiful. What a wonderful childhood. I'm going to look for a Bounty bar. I've never heard of that and it sounds good. I still think Mounds should have the almonds, too.

Debby Ray said...

Glorious barn photos! Great hodgepodge answers and I see you are quite the artist! And oh those darling kitties... :)

Vee said...

Am happy to learn that my subscription is working...had worried. You have been on a blogging hiatus. The Hodge Podge is very helpful for getting one's gears going. Your little granddaughter looks so cute learning how to skate. Naps...I need to lie down and just take one rather than dozing off in my chair repeatedly. I have grown so old this winter...

Terri D said...

The kitties look so cute!! I enjoyed reading your Hodgepodge answers! Your mural is GREAT!! Pretty amazing creativity there!! I always love your photos.

Jessica @ Barefoot by the Sea said...

I enjoyed reading your hodgepodge today! I ALWAYS love your incredible photos!

Cindy said...

I would definitely go to San Diego! (All my family lives there!)

Carla from The River said...

Great photos, Judy!
I enjoyed reading your Hodgepodge.
Carla

Cathy said...

I love all your pictures but I especially love the kitties.

Lynne said...

I think I have become a kitten lover . . . these two are just adorable . . .
Liked the different silos.
I vote for San Antonio . . .
I always enjoy your hodge pudge . . .

Creations By Cindy said...

Judy, what adorable pictures! Happy day my friend. Hugs and blessings, Cindy

bj said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
bj said...

I loved reading your answers...

Lady Fi said...

Lovely shots of the farm and the sky!

Judith @ Lavender Cottage said...

You've got me to wondering about the silos in our farming community and so I'll have to start looking to see what the tops are made of.
Of course we wanted to see the kitties. Many nights I sleep corner to corner because the dog is smack dab in the middle and gives little growling sounds if you try to move him.

carrie@northwoods scrapbook said...

Love your photos as always - and the kitties!! ::swoon::

Your memories of being a kiddo are so sweet. You were the quite the tom boy! I love it!! And I love the Winnie the Pooh mural you painted. Great job talented Lady!!

I hear you about the pants being snug. BAck to my regimen and my apps over here too. If you head to San Diego anytime soon...feel free to pack me in your suitcase. Just FYI. ;)

Blessings. xoxo

Empty Nester said...

I would have added Rabbit to my two characters but that would have meant I suffer from multiple personalities. Which may be true but, who wants to put that out there? So, I went with two and called it, bi-polar. ha! Cutie little granddaughter! On ice skates! I guess we'll have to put Marcy on water skies. Or in a kayak. LOL

BeachGypsy said...

The warm soft kitties are so so cozy!! Do they purr alot?

Lea @ CiCis Corner said...

What cute kittens! Love all your photos, and your answers. Happy rest of the week!

Jean | DelightfulRepast.com said...

Judy, I always love your Hodgepodge answers! I'm "glad" to hear that those pants fit better now! :D Sweet photo of the kitties - keep 'em coming.

PS I like the domed silos best.

Deb @ Frugal Little Bungalow said...

Yes the kitties were a very good ending! :) I always enjoy these hodgepodge posts !

Rose said...

Of course we want to see the kitties...they are the icing on the cake.

Judy S. said...

I'm with you on San Diego, Judy. We lived there almost 12 years, and I miss that weather almost every day! Loved your photos!

Anonymous said...

Enjoyed all your lovely photos!

Cheryl said...

I always love the kitty photos. But my favorite photo in this post is the one of the tiny ice skater and her mother. They are both adorable and are wearing such sweet smiles!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails