August is my favorite summer month because my birthday is in August and I try to get all the kids and grandkids together for one weekend a year, my birthday being the leverage. It worked best the first year, 2013, but hopefully we can manage to get everyone together this August. It's a wonderful time. Family, food, fun, fire...
2. Can you swim? How did you learn? June 27th is National Sunglasses Day. How many pair do you own?
I learned to swim when I was about eight years old, just after water was invented. It was at the Barron Park, where the Yellow River runs through, and I took swimming lessons. I did manage to learn to swim and also get a permanent scar on my knee from a sharp rock.
3. What characteristic do you judge most harshly in yourself? How about in others?
Haughtiness/pride/self righteousness. I hate it in myself and I hate it in others. I try to be aware of it and keep a check on it. It's a horrid thing, so easily creeps up, and I don't like to go down that road. I mean really, as creatures whose very next breath depends upon the grace of God, who on earth do any of us think we are, that we would presume to consider ourselves better than anyone else. We are all God's image bearers. It makes me shudder in disgust just thinking about having a self righteous attitude. I am grateful for God's mercy and grace and the new life, joy, and hope he offers through his Son. I pray daily for the work of his Spirit in my life and in the lives of others.
4. Robert Frost wrote the now well known poem entitled The Road Not Taken. What's a road (literal or figurative) you've always wanted to travel, and where do you hope it takes you?
Any long and winding road in Yorkshire or Northumberland. I've explored quite a bit of Yorkshire, but none of Northumberland.
5. Popsicles-yay or nay? If you answered yay, what's your favorite flavor?
I've always loved popsicles, and banana or orange were always my favorite. I'm not sure why they bothered to make lime popsicles at all. They're disgusting.
6. Brexit-on a scale of 1-10 how knowledgeable are you on what's involved here? (1=very knowledgeable and 10=what's Brexit) Is this news you'll follow or is it something you think won't impact your life in any way shape or form?
Mr. C. and I are both Brexit-Bremain junkies, so I think a 1. Definitely following the news closely. In such a small world, I think that anything that happens in Britain and Europe is going to impact us, most definitely. We're watching closely. I do think it's interesting that the Bremains already want to take another vote. Another vote? Really?You get to do that when you don't get your way?
7. Share a favorite song on your summer play list.
I don't have a summer play list, but the song that most likely will be heard by me is the theme song from Vera or Poirot or George Gently.
Vera, my new favorite detective
(Joe Ashworth's not bad either)
8. Insert your own random thought here.
Have a wonderful Fourth!
Linking to Theresa's Good Fences
Follow me on Instagram: @cranberrymorning
Buy any 5 or more, Get 1 FREE
Homemade Vegan Soap
...and more! Check out all my handcrafted soaps at
Our ETSY Shop