Sunday, February 5, 2017

St. Florian's Church, Hatley, Wisconsin; Psalm 146

 St. Florian's Catholic Church
Hatley, WI


Praise my soul, the King of Heaven
To the throne thy tribute bring,
Ransomed, healed, restored, forgiven,
Evermore God's praises sing.
Alleluia, alleluia, praise the everlasting King!




Psalm 146

Praise the Lord!
Praise the Lord, O my soul!

I will praise the Lord as long as I live;
    I will sing praises to my God all my life long.

Do not put your trust in princes,
    in mortals, in whom there is no help.
When their breath departs, they return to the earth;
    on that very day their plans perish.

Happy are those whose help is the God of Jacob,
    whose hope is in the Lord their God,
who made heaven and earth,
    the sea, and all that is in them;
who keeps faith forever;
    who executes justice for the oppressed;
    who gives food to the hungry.

The Lord sets the prisoners free;
    the Lord opens the eyes of the blind.
The Lord lifts up those who are bowed down;
    the Lord loves the righteous.

The Lord watches over the strangers;
    he upholds the orphan and the widow,
    but the way of the wicked he brings to ruin.

The Lord will reign forever,
    your God, O Zion, for all generations.
Praise the Lord!

 

Have a blessed Lord's Day,

Judy

14 comments:

MadSnapper said...

such a beautiful church and I would like to hear the bells from that tower.

Cathy said...

Love the photograph and the praises. Here's another one I like.

“O Lord our Lord, how excellent is thy name in all the earth! who hast set thy glory above the heavens. Out of the mouth of babes and sucklings hast thou ordained strength because of thine enemies, that thou mightest still the enemy and the avenger. When I consider thy heavens, the work of thy fingers, the moon and the stars, which thou hast ordained; What is man, that thou art mindful of him? and the son of man, that thou visitest him? For thou hast made him a little lower than the angels, and hast crowned him with glory and honour. Thou madest him to have dominion over the works of thy hands; thou hast put all things under his feet: All sheep and oxen, yea, and the beasts of the field; The fowl of the air, and the fish of the sea, and whatsoever passeth through the paths of the seas. O Lord our Lord, how excellent is thy name in all the earth!”
‭‭Psalms‬ ‭8:1-9‬ ‭KJV‬‬
http://bible.com/1/psa.8.1-9.kjv

Tanna said...

One of my MOST favorites. Thank you. blessings ~ tanna

Michelle said...

A beautiful church for this morning. Have a blessed Sunday and a wonderful week ahead!

Preppy Empty Nester said...

Thanks for this beautiful, inspirational post today, Judy. Have a great week.

Lynne said...

Stellar Chruch and Steeple . . .
In Word also . . .

Susie said...

Judy, I love the bell tower...I know it can be seen far away. That's what I love about our Catholic church bell tower...I will miss it when it's gone. Blessings, xoxo, Susie

Anonymous said...

Good Afternoon, Judy. Oh, I love these photos of this church. I hope you and yours are enjoying a blessed Sunday.

Terri D said...

I do love the older more stately churches. Beautiful!! The Psalms are always reassuring. Wishing you a blessed day!

carrie@northwoods scrapbook said...

I just love old churches and cathedrals. So beautiful Judy. And love the scripture too.
Blessings on your Sunday! We're waiting for Friends to come over and we're going to watch the big game! xo

Coloring Outside the Lines said...

Beautiful! I hope you had a blassed day!

Anonymous said...

Wonderful Psalm and a great looking church. It really makes you look up!

Creations By Cindy said...

WOW! How beautiful! Hugs and blessings, Cindy

Deb @ Frugal Little Bungalow said...

I love the older church architecture versus new

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails