Sunday, July 27, 2014

When Noah Was Ten Years Old

View From Our Deck

 
Who says miracles don't happen? 

If you need to be reminded that they do, read the following Facebook message that our nephew posted late last week:

Italics are mine.

"Monday, [July 21] our 10 year old, Noah, fell off the balcony 6 floors onto concrete.

We were told not to get our hopes up. He is still in the ICU but the CT scan yesterday [Friday, I think]  showed that other than the damage to the lungs there is no damage to the heart, liver, brain and other internal organs. The bleeding in and around the lungs seems to be subsiding. He was in line for an MRI this morning to try to identify the cause of the pain in his abdomen but got bumped because of an emergency. His neck, back, tailbone and pelvis are broken but there does not seem to be nerve damage. His lower left arm is fractured and his upper left arm has a compound fracture. He is in a lot of pain and is a bit scared but is holding up remarkably well. He is off the respirator but still has a chest tube. He was doing fairly well this morning but he is a bit down this afternoon. Anyhow, all is not well and safe but we are all just a small part of something that is very good.  It’s not the way I would have done things, but God gets better results.
Karl”

An update via Noah's grandparents:

'This came Saturday:
They are giving him pain medications but are not keeping him sedated.  He says it is hard to sleep at night because of construction noise so he has to get plenty of sleep during the day. He doesn't like to call mom at night either for fear they won't let her visit as much during the day. He said most of today was pretty good but there were some rough patches.  He was pretty tired and looked it during the middle of the day and was in quite a bit of pain..."

The following message was in response to a friend who (probably hadn't heard about the fall) sent a message "Hope all is well and safe".

“Not safe and well, but good.

God is using Noah to reach people. Many acquaintances have come to visit and give comfort. They leave having heard the good news that is changing their lives."

We have spoken with Karl this morning (Sunday) and he reports that all of the tubes have been removed except the catheter and IV.  He is still in ICU. They are starting to feed him food. Praise God.

Again we thank you for all your prayers that have helped make this possible.'

***

To my blogging friends,
please pray for this little boy and his parents
and siblings
and grandparents
and the doctors
and those who may come in contact with the Good News
of Jesus
because of this incident.

Noah's not out of the woods yet, but whoever heard of a kid falling 6 stories onto concrete and less than a week later is bumped in the MRI line because someone else has a more acute injury!

Miracles do happen.

And when you think about it, 
isn't it a miracle that each night when you go to sleep
your heart keeps beating
your lungs keep breathing air
the blood keeps flowing through your circulatory system
your hair keeps growing
your digestive system keeps working
your brain keeps working, even giving you dreams
your cells are repaired
and somehow that time of sleep rejuvenates your body.

And we hardly take notice.

39 comments:

TexWisGirl said...

bless that young lad! wow! i hope he can fully recover, and all things sound very promising!

i loved your last paragraph. so much to be grateful for - even on the most common of days.

magnoliasntea said...

Anything is possible with our God! I'm so glad to hear the child is hanging in there, and this tragedy is turned into a witness to others. I'll be praying for him. Have a great week.

magnoliasntea said...

Anything is possible with our God! I'm so glad to hear the child is hanging in there, and this tragedy is turned into a witness to others. I'll be praying for him. Have a great week.

Anonymous said...

Saying a prayer. May God bless him. We have so much to be grateful for.

Noelle the dreamer said...

Oh Judy! I cannot begin to phantom such a painful time for your family!
Sending thoughts and prayers your way! God willing, it will soon pass!
Take care,

Noelle the dreamer said...

Oh Judy! I cannot begin to phantom such a painful time for your family!
Sending thoughts and prayers your way! God willing, it will soon pass!
Take care,

Valerie said...

Dear Judy,
I am so sorry to hear about Noah's fall, how scary. Will be praying for him and his family and you all. Sending hugs and lots of tender care, Blessings, Valerie

Cheryl said...

Oh, my goodness. This is such a heart-wrenching thing to read, but so heartwarming to know that God is using it for His glory, that souls are hearing the Good News of Jesus through Noah's injury!

I will certainly be praying for Noah and his family!

Debby said...

I said a prayer for Noah. This has be a miracle So scary. Hoping for a blessed recovery.

Nancy Shuman said...

I have no words. Prayer.

Maureen @ Josephina Ballerina said...

Oh, Judy. This young boy is your great-nephew. I cannot begin to imagine how painful it is for Noah and frightening for all concerned. Please keep us updated.
I am putting him on my prayer list right now. I pray that God will heal him completely with no residual problems.
May you all have a week overflowing with blessings!

Terra said...

For Noah and his loved ones, these words: "For I will restore your health to you and I will heal your wounds, says the Lord." Jeremiah 30:17

Magali@TheLittleWhiteHouse said...

Such a scary story, but such a beautiful one since Noah seems to be improving. I'm sending him oads of patience for his recovery.

Susie said...

Judy, I absolutely will pray for Noah and his family. Blessings to all, xoxo,Susie

Optimistic Existentialist said...

He will absolutely be in my thoughts and prayers!!

MadSnapper said...

prayers going up now for this child and his family... it is hard to believe he survived a fall like that and is getting better. i pray for complete recovery for him and strength for them as they go through this

Balisha said...

That poor child, how frightened he must have been and his poor parents too. It's a miracle that he survived. I will certainly pray for him and for a good outcome.
I don't know what to say except "Praise the Lord!"

Vee said...

Just finding this Monday morning...My prayers are added to the many and I do believe that God will use this for Noah's life and as a witness to many.

Buttons Thoughts said...

Oh poor Noah he has lots of people praying for hi and we know that works. Hug B

Judy S. said...

Just now catching up with you and learning of Noah's fall. How terrifying! Sending lots of prayer, good thoughts and hugs his and your way.

Stephanie said...

Oh Judy, yes, miracles do happen! My heart just broke when I read little Noah fell 6 floors - wow!

He and his family will be in my prayers and it's a praise to know he is doing better.

Hugs to you!

Amy Burzese said...

Many prayers for Noah and his family . . . .

Unknown said...

Blessings for Noah - what an incredibly strong young boy he must be - in body AND soul......prayers being sent.
xoxo

Debby Ray said...

Judy, I ABSOLUTELY believe in miracles and it seems one is in progress as we speak! I cannot even fathom pain... both physical for Noah and the mental anguish for the family when something like this happens. We do serve a God of miracles and yes, I do believe that He allows things to happen to ALL of us at times (His word says He is not a respecter of persons, right?) to help lead others to him through a miracle. Prayers for Noah and the rest of your family!

Trace4J said...

Oh my goodness I have goosebumps from head to toe.
How amazing is our God.
I'm reminded of the old song nothing nothing is to difficult for thee..
Praying for Noah and family.
May God continue to use him and heal him.
Blessings

Empty Nester said...

Oh no! I'm so sorry! I will keep everyone in my thoughts and prayers. Please keep us posted!

Terri D said...

Judy, I have added them all to my prayer list. Praise God for the improvements seen already. You are so right that we take our bodies for granted (and in my case, don't take care as I should). Miracles.

Pat @ Mille Fiori Favoriti said...

Saying more prayers for Noah and your family, Judy, that he recovers fully! Thanks be to God!

Karen @ Beatrice Euphemie said...

Dear Judy,
I am so sorry to hear that this happened, but so very glad that your sweet Noah is making a fast recovery! This is truly a miracle and I will be sending lots of prayers his way. Blessings and Love- Karen

podso said...

Judy, so sorry to hear this but amazing he is alive and has made such progress. This is one of those times we remember that God makes no mistakes. What a story he will have to tell someday,DV. I have a young friend named Noah and that will help me to remember to pray for your Noah.

Debby@Just Breathe said...

I will be praying for Noah and our God is an awesome God!

Donna said...

My heart just sinks whenever I hear news like this of a child facing pain and trauma. I will keep little Noah and his family in my prayers.

camp and cottage living said...

Oh my goodness, this really is alarming, Judy.
I will be praying for Noah and all who love him.
And yes, this sure wakes us right up to take a moment to count our blessings.

Gail Dixon said...

When my son was 20 (34 now) he fell six stories from a parking garage onto the ground below. Not concrete. He fractured his pelvis, feet, arms, and legs. He was put back together like Humpty Dumpty. We were all surprised he even survived. Prayers for this sweet little boy. What a tragedy. So sorry.

September Violets said...

What a terrifying experience for all, but especially poor little Noah who must be so frightened with all the hospital equipment around him. So very glad that he is being looked after from above and here on earth! My prayers today will include Noah and his family. Take care Judy and know he is in the best hands. Wendy x

SImple and Serene Living said...

What a miracle that he survived. Yes, there is much to be grateful for. xo Laura

Mike@Bit About Britain said...

This is horrific, yet also miraculous. As you probably know, I'm not a religious person - but my heart and hopes go out for the young lad's full recovery. His parents, and all of you, must be so frantic.

Anonymous said...

Noah's story is inspiring! To God be the glory.

Carol said...

Wow! God is good... all the time. What a precious miracle!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails