Friday, February 24, 2017

Best Salsa Ever Recipe (Mr. C's Famous Salsa Recipe)


 Mr. C's Famous Salsa

Mr. C. keeps us supplied in salsa. Delicious salsa. Way better than any other that I've ever tasted. When the family is coming home, he makes a huge batch. When we are going to a potluck dinner, he makes a huge batch. But for just him and me, he's finally (as of a few days ago) managed to cut the recipe to a quart. He doesn't use a written recipe and says it varies from time to time, but last night I stood at his side and wrote down exactly what he used to make that smaller quart batch of salsa so I could share it with you.

Mr. C's Famous Salsa Recipe:

Makes 1 quart. After making, store it in a glass container in the refrigerator.
Serves 8 (or maybe 2)

2 14.5 oz. cans of diced tomatoes, drained
(You can use fresh tomatoes, but they greatly change the taste of the salsa and we like this much better.)
1 large Jalapeno pepper, diced
1/2 Anaheim pepper, diced
1/2 Poblano pepper, diced
1 Serrano pepper, diced
1/3 large white onion, diced
1 t. dried cilantro or 1/4 c. (to taste) of fresh cilantro, chopped
Salt to taste

Instructions:
Put diced ingredients and cilantro into the food processor. Pulse three times. Salt to taste and store in a glass container in the refrigerator (if there's any left after you've taste tested it.)
If you want it a little hotter, which we tend to do, break up and stir in about half a dried cayenne pepper into the mix.

You can also add sweet peppers for color if you like.

IMPORTANT NOTE:
The peppers and onions must be diced before you put them into the food processor. Otherwise, you'll end up with a pureed salsa before you're done, and will lose any of the chunkiness.

My favorite chips with this are the small white corn tortilla chips.


 Ummmm, so good!


And now, a little collage to recap some of February:

February 2017

GF Blueberry & Chocolate Chip Scones
Emma Bridgewater Mugs
GF Cranberry Almond Muffins
Snow disappearing
Visiting St. Paul, MN
Trimming the Huge Maple
Walks in the Neighborhood
Kitchen Advice

We were also supposed to be having a family birthday party this weekend to celebrate our daughter's birthday, but you-know-what dashed plans, yet again.

 And to think that it was all gone as of yesterday.
Back with more snowstorms coming next week.

Have a great weekend, everyone!


Linking to Mosaic Monday


Check out my natural, handcrafted vegan soap!
Buy any 5 or more, Get 1 FREE

Raining Violets
Natural Vegan Soap


All Natural Oils
No harsh chemicals
No animal products
Luxurious lather
Mild fragrance
Gentle, even on sensitive skin


...and more! Check out all my handcrafted soaps at
 
HomemadeSoapNSuch
and at
Our ETSY Shop

Join me on Instagram:

Judy

20 comments:

Cathy said...

That salsa looks and sounds delicious. Thanks for sharing.

So sorry the snow is coming back for you guys. Sounds like we might get storms and maybe even some snow. We're in the 70's today and supposed to only get in the 40's tomorrow. Yuck! But I guess what can you expect, it is still winter.

MadSnapper said...

the salsa looks beautiful. I am laughing as I type, the only thing I eat in that list of ingredients is the tomatoes. wonder how it would taste without the other ingredients. LOL... I can't eat pepper at all of any kind, it chokes me.. sorry the snow is messing with your plans once again.

Tired Teacher said...

Thanks for the recipe: I love fresh salsa!

Latest storm dumped 12" of snow, filled with moisture - thankfully, the sun is now shining.

podso said...

Now the salsa "recipe" can be passed around the family for generations to come. I just might try it without some of the heat. It seemed like spring was on your corner yesterday … sorry about the dashed plans. But have a good weekend anyway!

Susie said...

Judy, I saw on the weather map that snow was headed your way. It looks nasty too. We are to have bad weather here...then snow flurries tomorrow. Just a bit of everything. Hope you can enjoy the weekend. I copied Mr. C's recipe. Blessings, xoxo, Susie

Lynne said...

THANK YOU . . .
Mister Irish loves his SALSA . . .
I like it too but he is a little more "nutso" over salsa than I am!
I will have to surprise him one day soon, with M C's recipe!
(Shhhh . . . I think the snow is traveling south of us, . . . I think!)

Tanna said...

So sorry the birthday plans are thwarted for the time being! We have a cold front (meaning there will be a high of 58 tomorrow) coming tonight, but back to 70 on Sunday. Thank you for sharing the salsa recipe! It looks so beautiful in the bowl on the dishtowel with all of its colors! I LOVE salsa!! Mr. C has a great combination of peppers in his! Stay warm. blessings ~ tanna

Deb @ Frugal Little Bungalow said...

My middle son loves hot stuff ( meaning the food not my DIL/ ha ha! ) I am going to copy and past this salsa into a word doc for them...thank you for the recipe! :)

As to snow, we have had so little of it here in my area it is scary....as I visit you and type this it is about 75 degrees and that is just wrong!

Anonymous said...

So sorry about your weather!

The salsa looks delicious. We had Mexican for lunch today...we could eat it every day!

I am laughing at Sandra/MadSnapper's comment....salsa with tomato only!

Empty Nester said...

The salsa looks delicious! But then, so does everything you post. I would still prefer you just box up everything- once it's made, of course- and send it my way. :) Serves 8 (or maybe 2) = LOL

This N That said...

I wish I was a salsa fan..looks good...Our weather has been nuts..Yours looks normal for us for this time of year..We've been in the 70's..I think it's going to cool down a bit..soon??Have a happy weekend..

Debby@Just Breathe said...

If it's the best I better try making it!

Aritha V. said...

Your salsa looks and so delicious. Very nice photos. I have never eat salsa. It isn't Dutch :-) But I like to try it. Have a great Saterday and Sunday.

Angela said...

I wish we were there for salsa and cake! (But not at the same time.) :)

Carla from The River said...

Sorry about the birthday party.

Thank you for the recipe. I remember when Mr. C brought us some of his famous salsa. Yummo!

Jill said...

That salsa looks delicious, thank you for sharing the recipe! Love the photo recap too. Hope you have a great week!

Blessings
Jill

Maggie said...

Hi Judy,
Mr C's salsa looks amazing, I know that cilantro is coriander over here but the type of peppers that he uses are unknown to me. I shall have to ask google what they look like and see if I can source them at the hypermarche next time we go grocery shopping.
Thanks for the recipe, stay warm and stay safe.
Maggie.

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

I love salsa and haven't made it in so long. We are going out for Mexican food this week and I'm sure I'll overdose! lol Hope the weather improves this week! Hugs, Diane

Karen @ Beatrice Euphemie said...

This looks so good! I always make quesadillas and this salsa would be so good with that! Wonderful collage of your February. It is snowing here tonight. Winter is not done with us yet. xo Karen

Sallie (FullTime-Life) said...

Hi Judy --This looks so delicious and I will copy the recipe for the person in this family who is in charge of anything that needs to be made with the food processor. Coincidentally, at this moment he is making a big batch of huumuus.... we go through that so quickly -- his is not only less expensive but also a hundred times more delicious than store bought. I know we will be able to say the same things about salsa! Can't wait for him to see this recipe.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails