Friday, April 6, 2018

Hunting for Spring



Mr. C. and I are tired of waiting for spring to arrive in NW Wisconsin and are heading to Arizona to visit our oldest son for a week. Tonight there were three deer under our bird feeder, having trudged their way through the snow to try to find something to eat. I wish they liked meatballs and rice. I have some I'll have to throw out before we head out of here tomorrow.
 

Another son will be staying at our house, taking care of Tommy & Smokey, which involves feeding, watering, and throwing mice around - oh. and the litter boxes, all four of them. It is so nice to be able to leave and know that the house and kitties will be taken care of. 

 Note the silo's hat is on crooked

Most of the photos in this post are from southern Wisconsin and we have a lot more snow  at our house. The following photo was taken March 31 and we've had a snowstorm since then that just added to the depth (of despair).

 Always winter and never Christmas
 This photo was taken in Coon Prairie, WI

Note the snowmobile. I was hunting for a satellite dish in this photo, not an uncommon sight in Wisconsin backyards, but don't see one. There is, however, a wood pile on the right, a pleasant sight to anyone who burns wood. And that reminds me: the last time we visited this area, we purchased (from an Amish friend) an entire pickup load of slab wood for our wood burning stove, and were charged only $15. That was certainly $15 well spent! We just burned our last stick of wood last weekend, so it's time to use the gas furnace or head south/or both.

Tommy & Smokey


 I came across this sign in Jackson County, on the way home from Westby.

Have a great weekend, everyone!
See you next time.

***


Check out my natural, handcrafted vegan soap!
Buy any 5 or more, Get 1 FREE

Heavenly Honeysuckle
Natural Vegan Soap




...and more! Check out all my handcrafted soaps at
 
HomemadeSoapNSuch


and at


Our ETSY Shop

NOTE: My shops will be closed until April 16.

Join me on Instagram: @cranberrymorning 









Judy

31 comments:

Sandi said...

Beautiful serenity.

I had to smile at the photo of the snowmobile. I grew up in Michigan and it was a familiar sight in my childhood. Not so much now. I live in the South.

Arlene G said...

So glad you are getting away from the snow for a bit Judy. We are finally having spring but those cooler temps will insist on popping in every few days.

A Bit of the Blarney said...

We still seem to be waiting, too, here in Southern Indiana! The daffodils and hyacinth have bloomed in spite of the weather!

Jenn Jilks said...

I'm ready for real spring, too!
Great you have peeps to look after your place when you are gone!
(ツ) from Cottage Country Ontario , ON, Canada!

Susie said...

Judy, Those loving cats. They make you want to snuggle right with them. Glad you are getting away for a nice visit where it's warmer. You will be invigorated. So good of your son to tend the house and pets. Blessings, enjoy. xoxo, Susie

Heide at ApronHistory said...

We are hunting for spring here too. Though admittedly, it probably looks more Spring like here then up there! I was all ready to put away the boots on April 1st, but that didn't happen. Enjoy Arizona!

Cathy said...

Oh my! I'm so glad we don't have that much snow. Hope you enjoy your trip to Arizona!

Michelle said...

A week in Arizona sounds so nice right now. We don't have as much snow as you do, but it really time for the weather to change!

MadSnapper said...

have fun in AZ and takes lots of photos for us. love the crooked hat silo and the barns are really beautiful. i even love the aqua roof and if asked would have said no, i would not want one. it goes well with the red. so glad you have a house/cat sitter/litter moving son. ha ha and mouse throwing HA HA HA HA

Debby@Just Breathe said...

Have a great time!

Marcia said...

Safe travels and enjoy the warm weather in AZ. We are just back from Europe but have a quick trip north to NH to see granddaughters at the end of the month. That will be it for traveling for awhile.

Julie said...

I don't blame you in the least! I'm so over winter yet it seems to be very happy to hang around this weekend with more snow and lots of blow! BRRRR....YUK! I hope you enjoyed the warmer climate on your visit.

Terri D said...

That snow just makes me shiver! Tommy and Smokey are so cute. Our three tolerate each other, barely. We haven't had two who cuddled like that since Amber and Inky and Onyx and Cookie. Enjoy your time away (I know you will!)!

Deb said...

Loved your photos tonight, Judy. Have a wonderful time at your sons. Safe travels.

Empty Nester said...

Have a wonderful time in Arizona! I think I'd even be a bit tired of the snow by now. I mean, there is such a thing as too much, eh? :) Safe travels.

The Joy of Home with Martha Ellen said...

I don't blame you for going south, Judy! Have a wonderful time. We may get a little snow/rain tomorrow--ugh! Even though you are sick of snow your photos are lovely. Enjoy your get away. ♥

Chatty Crone said...

Here in GA we are having freezing weather! If you find spring - send it here.

Cindy said...

Oh my gosh that's a lot of snow! It looks like winter is not going out without a fight! I hope you have a wonderful time in AZ!

Vee said...

If ever there was a good time to make a break for it, it is now. Hope that Arizona is enjoying “normal” weather. Four inches of heavy, wet snow fell last evening and a light snow is falling now. Yes, alway winter and never Christmas definitely comes to mind.

Enjoy your week away! I know that you will!

Theresa said...

Snow? I won't complain about the rain today:) Sounds like a great trip! Love that picture of Tommy and Smokey! Enjoy your weekend! HUGS!

Cheryl said...

Great idea: going to where Spring has sprung!! Enjoy your time away from the snow and your visit with family!

podso said...

The snow still looks beautiful to me. I've been visiting a place that has remnants of snow piles and they are all dirty. So your's looks so nice the pristinely white! Have a great trip to warmer climes.

This N That said...

Have a nice trip..Yes, our animals are always a concern..Sounds as though they will be spoiled while you are gone..Love your pictures..Rustic country..Pretty outbuildings..good shots..

Judy S. said...

Enjoy your time in AZ! We had a taste of spring temps yesterday, but today it's rainy and supposed to be very windy. Maybe our yesterday's weather is headed to the Midwest?

Lynne said...

Enjoy some Arizona warmth . . .
Happy Week Miss Cranberry Lass . . .
(Pictures please, I have never been there . . .)

NanaDiana said...

Have fun in AZ. I am tired of winter here, too. We broke records today with 10° temps...and yesterday, too.
I am headed to FL in two weeks and can't wait! Enjoy every moment of your stay! xo Diana

Jean | DelightfulRepast.com said...

Judy, Happy Arizona Spring! My husband doesn't blame you for gettin' outa Dodge! Looking forward to hearing all about your trip. In the meantime, I'll just feast my eyes on that gorgeous photo of Tommy and Smokey!

Terra Heck said...

Enjoy your stay in Arizona.
That picture of your cats melts my heart.

Mike@Bit About Britain said...

So, I'm assuming they named the road after you; it couldn't possibly be a coincidence. Travel safe - shame about the meatballs...

Jean | DelightfulRepast.com said...

Judy, just stopped in to say I hope you and Mr C are having a grand time in Arizona and that Tommy and Smokey aren't missing you too much. Safe travels!

Deb @ Frugal Little Bungalow said...

Nice that you are escaping the never ending winter for awhile / love that photo of the cuddling kitties! :) Just adorable!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails