Sunday, March 29, 2020

Lord's Day, March 29, 2020

 Thanks  be to God!

Read Psalm 136

Hi friends,

Aren't we living in a surreal time! We are very blessed to have a large backyard for the kids to play in and are also able to get out for walks when the weather permits.

 A little like a ghost town!

 Somehow I was not eager to buy the 'hand breaded' chicken tenders.

When we do fuel up, we wear nitrile gloves, pump the gas, pay at the pump, throw the gloves away in their bin, and leave. We are very cautious. I can't believe how many people are still mingling with their friends.



 Now We Are Six!

Someone has a birthday today! It was a party of 5: her mom, brother, and Grandpa and I were the party. She was the one who got all the candles.


 Since I didn't have any wrapping paper with me, I hid all the little gifts in the card catalog.


Reading 'The Cat in the Hat' to Gramma's bears, tiger, and German Shepherds.



I don't know how much you're watching the news, but our only news channel is Sky News out of London. The whole coronavirus issue looks pretty grim. I suspect that we'll all be social distancing for a few months yet at least.

The photo I took (above) of Sky News weather:  I'm always trying to figure out the temperature in Farenheit, but Mr. C. found this easy formula for roughly converting Celsius to Farenheit. But roughly is better than struggling and not coming close. Now I can actually have an idea of what's happening around the world temperature wise.  

That reminds me. Remember that the circumference of a circle is Diameter x Pi? and that the diameter of a circle is Circumference /Pi?  Why didn't our teachers tell us it was 3, rather than 3.14.??? I mean, really. How easy is it to figure it with the number 3, and how difficult to try to come up with an exact answer (in your head) with the 3.14!  Good grief. Life is less complicated than we thought!



Our church is holding online live Matins and Compline devotions on M, T, Th, F, and Lenten Vespers services on Wednesday evenings. And they broadcast the Sunday morning worship service on WSAU.com radio at 9 AM. Especially in this time of not being able to attend church, it is wonderful to feel connected for worship.


Home Church
Watching videos from Zion from our living room sofa
minus the sparkles

I hope you are all doing well. I'm hoping to join in the Wednesday Hodgepodge this week. I've always loved being part of that. We'll see if I get there this week.

I'd be very interested in knowing what's happening in your neck of the woods. So far, there's one case of the corona virus in Marathon County, and I think that most people here are practicing social distancing. Our daughter in Madison loves social distancing. She says it suits her just fine. LOL

But not everyone feels that way:



God bless you all.

Stay home.

Join me on Instagram: @cranberrymorning

Judy

18 comments:

Debby said...

Surreal for sure! My FIL lived in Dousman, Wisconsin for a time.

Nice to meet you and stay healthy

Terri D said...

We are staying at home unless we need groceries and then we are careful. We did go to Helen's yesterday to celebrate her 92nd birthday. We were again very careful and gave no birthday hugs, as much as we wanted to. Neighbors greet neighbors at a safe distance. Thankful for church on Facebook this morning and for social media!

Sandi said...

We are staying home. We have a lot of countryside surrounding us, perfect for walks. They deliver groceries these days, so we have not been anywhere for a little over 2 weeks.

Lynne said...

This is my tenth day at home.
I have gone out in the yard to do some spring clean up, but that is it.
People walk by, some I know, most I have never seen before,
they wave, shout hello . . . I sense their apprehension, their “less than calm“
for I am feeling it as well. Strange, surreal . . .
Jack, my husband goes out, some of it is because of work related responsibilities but
more so I think it’s a hunger to find things back to usual.
He has been making the grocery stops although my two week shop has held us quite well.
We have gloves, Jack wears them, if I go out to the grocery store I will wear gloves and a mask.
Neighbors stand at the road edge and watch, wave. I am usually alerted to see them with Snickers bark.
Schools are closed going on our third week.
I think we are only at the beginning . . .
God Bless You Judy . . .
Be safe, well . . .

Wendy said...

Definitely surreal. We are on Day 7 or lock down here in London. We can only go out for essential shopping and a walk/cycle/run once a day. Workers are only attending work if absolutely essential. Social distancing is the norm. Video calls are helping us keep in touch with family. Social media is keeping us amused. Home deliveries are keeping us fed. It could be so much worse.

Theresa said...

Celebrating that sweetie's b'day, looks like you all had a good time. We are doing ok here. Our county has 17 cases as of yesterday. We are social distancing and can't wait to see people again. Enjoy your day dear friend, HUGS!

Vee said...

What a cutie pie grandgirlie—Happy 🎈Birthday to her! You’re such a fun grandmother, She’s not going to forget finding her gifts in the card catalog. May you find pleasant pursuits and many fun things to keep you and your family amused and engaged. I’m looking for a good book in house of at least thirty chapters. 😏

Dicky Bird said...

We have 2 now in Marathon County. I didn't want to say before, but I am guest speaker at Zion's Salad Dinner fundraiser..."Lettuce toss to Turnip some Greens"...that is, if they still plan to have it. I've helped Zion in the past with selling some items. Anyway, yes, I can't believe people are still mingling. HELP!

Creations By Cindy said...

Judy, enjoyed this post this morning as I am sipping on coffee and being reminded that our Lord is in total control of all things. Happy birthday to your granddaughter. How precious! Hugs and blessings, Cindy

MadSnapper said...

we are now 2 weeks at home, no YMCA, no TOPS meetings, only going out for food and once in a while a pack of TP... I got excited when THEY said the virus hates heat and it kills it, but then the rest of the sentence is it loves humidty. we have high 80's to 90 and humidty. so which is it, 90 will kill it but 90 humidty will make it grow. we are sick to death of staying home but will continue to do so until the people in charge say ok. our beaches were so crowded they closed all the beaches and parking lots and parks.

Elizabethd said...

Here too we have Police politely asking crowds to go home. It's unbelievable how unconcerned some people are.

ellen b. said...

I think everyone will remember their Coronavirus birthdays this year. Five is such a fun age. Happy birthday to her! I need to put some gloves in the car. I'm thinking Queen Elizabeth has been smart to wear gloves wherever she goes all these years! Stay safe and keep the Faith!

Debby@Just Breathe said...

Yes we are being careful too! Gloves are a must. This is really a sad time and I wish people would take it more seriously. I'm happy to have a yard to go outside to. Happy Birthday to your granddaughter. I'm not watching the news, I'm watching Hallmark movies. I've been home for 20 days now. We had a Google Hangouts chat but James wasn't interested. I'm missing him so much. Take care and stay well.

Barbara said...

Hiding the little birthday gifts in the card catalog drawers -- what a clever, clever idea!

Yes, I like social distancing with an occasional trip to the grocery stores and then back home.

I don't see your Hodgepodge today, but am visiting you anyway!

R's Rue said...

❤️

podso said...

Our granddaughter turned 7 I think the same day yours turned 6. It's nice you live in the same house! We had to celebrate via phone. What a cute idea to use the card catalog! At least your grands will know what one is! :-)

Jean | Delightful Repast said...

Ha! Judy, Madison must be an introvert like me. Frequent handwashing, isolation? I always knew my being an introvert and germaphobe would come in handy someday! :D What a clever use you made of your card catalogue! I've always wanted one of those, but it would never have occurred to me to use it for that purpose. Yes, I am amazed to see people across the country who are not taking this seriously enough. It was bad enough when people flocked to New Orleans for Mardi Gras in February, but then ... St Patrick's Day Narch 17! It's just nuts.

Buttercup said...

I'm in New York City and grateful to be able to stay in. I know the world not so far from me is a very sad one. Grateful for a cozy apartment, enough food and walks in the neighborhood for exercise. Take care!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails