Tuesday, July 7, 2020

Farmhouse News




Dear Neglected Bloggers:

As I sheepishly crawl back to my blog, I'm hoping that you'll remember that Mr. C. and I have been occupied working on renovating two houses, one in Dallas and the other in Wausau over the past year and a half. We're too old for this monkey business, but you do what you have to do, right? Actually, the Wausau house is the one you've most recently heard about here on the blog, because we finished the apartment part of the house and moved into it. I love it! (That project was shown and explained in a previous post, but it's still my best excuse for not showing up until now.)


Back at the Wausau house, I took a few photos of the backyard in the early morning today, when the light was streaming in. I don't know the name of the plant with the huge leaves in that beam of light . Each set of leaves is nearly 2' across. They're beautiful. I know, I'll look it up. In the foreground are a few Dragon Wing begonias. They're a favorite of mine because they're so bright, beautiful, and not messy like some other begonias, but they're definitely feeling the stress of the 88 degrees.

I strung some little white lights inside the gazebo this forenoon, but since it's not yet dark, I won't have a photo of how that looks. The branches you see in the background of this photo represent another job we'll have to do, maybe this fall.


During the recent the full moon, we took a walk through the cemetery. It's pretty and surprisingly quiet. ;-)  The rest of the neighborhood was pretty noisy with private fireworks, because the city fireworks had been cancelled. I hope no one's missing any fingers today.


NEWS ON THE FARMHOUSE: We've Accepted An Offer To Purchase!

In this kind of strange economic climate, it's a little scary to put your property on the market. But God brought exactly the kind of people we were praying for and in one month. We are thrilled. They are a young Christian couple in their 30s with three little girls, ages 7, 8, and 10. They told us later that the moment they stepped into our house, they knew they couldn't pass this one up. And when they saw the map, the chalkboard, and the gazillion library shelves, they were so excited. They are readers, have books to fill those shelves, and have been contemplating homeschooling. Well there you go! It was fun to see the kids on the tree swing and running around the yard and looking forward to sledding on the hill in the winter months. I can't believe I even wrote that W word. :-(((

A view from the front porch:


Early morning light on the farmhouse porch

Back at the Wausau house, the little granddaughter had asked me to put braids in her hair. Mr. C. snapped this pic of the two of us, me still in my robe and looking so much like my Grandma Nelson! Good grief! At least I really liked her. The notch out of my robe is a sweet reminder of the grandpup
(RIP) . She only did it because I had a bad habit of carrying dog treats in my pockets. But that chunk taken out is no reason to throw out a perfectly good robe, right?. LOL

By the glow of the iPad

A little daughter born to our youngest son's family -  Our 12th grandchild!
And a couple weeks later, our second GREAT grandchild was born.
I don't have their family photo at this time.



We spent Father's Day weekend at our son's home in
New Ulm, Minnesota. What a fun family and fun place!

Fred and Glenn 
Glenn is the one who sent me the video thank you a bit ago.
Hint: Glenn is not the goat.

Back in Wausau:

 City Campfire


Country Campfire
:-))

We won't have many more opportunities to sit on that farmhouse front porch and look out at the amazing views, but I am so grateful that God sent the perfect buyer -  a young couple to whom I'm ready and willing to pass on the baton. I know they are a family who will truly love and care for this home, and will make a lot of good memories there. I hope they'll keep the star. We'll see. I told them that it reminded me of the Bethlehem star, and we leave it on all the time for passersby at night. I think it's such a warm spot of cheer and hope in the dark night.  (I made another star that we leave on, day and night, for the front of the Wausau house.)



(sneaky Mr. C. took this one)

Vespers in the Gazebo
during this time of social distancing.
zionlutheranwausau (Facebook) 
Zion has a great schedule of morning and evening prayer, Bible studies, and music at the middle of the day. Check out their facebook page.


I'm sorry it's taken me so long to post anything. And I expect that the next few months will be just as overwhelming. Besides getting ready for the closing on the farmhouse, in Wisconsin we try to cram everything into June, July, and August, because after that it's a very fast downhill slide into WINTER, which is incredibly cold and lasts FOREVER.

Have a wonderful Tuesday, everyone. Thanks for stopping in.

Join me on Instagram: @cranberrymorning


Judy
2234.) Psalm 145 | DWELLING in the Word

 

28 comments:

Linda M. Conley said...

Congratulations!!!!! I am so happy for you. have a beautiful week ahead. smiles

lisa said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

It's wonderful to get caught up with you this morning. I'm so glad you have a family wanting to buy your farmhouse. It sounds like it would be perfect for them. You've always shared such amazing views! You should print up some notecards of views from the farmhouse. I'm wishing you the best! Love the family photos and you in your bathrobe! Enjoy your week!

MadSnapper said...

I have loved your home from the moment you first showed me the porches and The View and would be perfectly happy spending the rest of my life there except for the W word. Why would they not love it it's just so beautiful. What a blessing that it's sold so quickly and to someone that you know will love it as much as you do! Prayers for a quick and no problem closing. Good to see you back loved all the family pictures and you know who my favorite person in Minnesota is haha

Elizabethd said...

How perfect to find such lovely buyers. You will rest easy once it is all done, and you can relax.
What beautiful views you showed us.

Cathy said...

Congrats on finding a wonderful family for the farmhouse! Hoping there are many blessings in your new home to come.

Marcia said...

I know you are relieved and sad that that chapter is now closing for good.

I know about doing that because we did it 4 years ago to move here. Now thought we realized we need to be closer to one of the two daughters so next week we are moving again to NH. We will experience winter too!

Susie said...

Hi Judy, I have missed you. I loved seeing all the family photos. The pictures of the house. We do want others' to love the house that we loved . You will feel good knowing it's filled with a loving family. Blessings to you, take care, hello to Mr. C. xoxo, Susie

NanaNor's said...

Happy July Judy, I've been neglectful with blogging and missed so much of what is happening in your life. So are you moving to Texas? What a loving farmhouse you raised your family in; it would be hard to leave, except for the winters. I'm not sure if it is that way or not. Your family is wonderful. May you find much joy in the time left at the farm and so much joy in your new home.
Hugs,
Noreen

Wendy said...

So pleased you have found what soulds like the perfect family to pass your house on to. Yes letting go is hard - we're with you on this journey as you know. The buyers at the start of our chain want to be in by the end of August and our vendors have already started moving into their new home so they want things to happen quickly too. We still have a lot of stuff to sort! But joining people here in blogland helps keep me sane - especially when we can't see so many of our family members at the current time. Hope things continue to go smoothly for you Judy.

Lori @ Back Porch Ramblings said...

Good to hear from you again! How wonderful is it when God puts a plan together and you have the perfect buyer for a beautiful farm house! btw...I love the campfire differences. You roll like we roll around here. LOL

Terri D said...

I was so happy to see your post today!! It is good to catch up on your news and I am thrilled that you found the perfect buyer for your beautiful farm. Hopefully, you will be back more regularly come Fall. Have a great summer and check in when you can!! xoxox

Susan said...

It was nice to catch up with your news. I will miss all of those wonderful countryside
photos!

Maureen said...

You have really been working hard! Glad you are moved in. The farmhouse sale has God's fingerprints all over it. I'm delighted that He brought this family to you and that His name will continue to be spoken in reverence within it's walls.

ellen b. said...

Wow! Congratulations on the sale of your farm! Glad you have a good spot to move to and your farmhouse will be loved.

Elizabeth "Libby" Day said...

I would say "It's about time!" but that would sound really rude. Seriously, I have missed you and have wondered about the sale on the farm house. It sounds like God answered your prayer really well and no doubt He has brought your house to them as a big blessing as well. Now, those hosta and ferns at the Wausau house, not to mention the healthy begonias, are amazing. For some reason, those perennials grow so much better up there than down here, although I keep trying. I look forward to your next post, Judy and don't stay away so long next time.

Lorrie said...

How wonderful to find such great buyers for your beloved home. You'll be glad to settle into your Wausau home full time after all the work.

Theresa said...

Thank for giving us an update on what you are up to! The farmhouse reminds me of my childhood home, sigh... I would love to live there and see that view. SO happy that you have found the perfect buyer. The family pictures are precious! Stay in touch:) Enjoy your day dear friend, HUGS!

Creations By Cindy said...

Judy, I am in love that farmhouse and so excited that the Lord brought just the perfect family there. To raise those girls in such a lovely, peaceful place would surely be an answer to prayer for many families. You have a beautiful family Judy. God bless you and yours. Hugs and blessings, Cindy

Debby@Just Breathe said...

What a beautiful post. Congratulations on the sale. They sound like the perfect family. So glad that you are happy in your new place. All the pictures are perfect and congratulations of the babies! God Bless You. Take Care and Stay Well.

Carla from The River said...

Congratulations Kevin and Judy on so many blessings, grandbabies, great grandbabies, the sale of the Dallas house and happy in Wausau.
Keep in touch!
Love, Carla

Jean | DelightfulRepast.com said...

Judy, I was so excited to see your post! And now I'm excited about the sale of the farmhouse--sounds like the perfect family for it. The "love at first sight" for it, and loving the map, chalkboard and bookshelves, contemplating homeschooling. Do they have cats?

SImple and Serene Living said...

So happy that you found the perfect buyers and so quickly. Life moves on and we just have to keep pace with it. xo Laura

Vee said...

How wonderful! The new buyers sound perfect for this house. Love the photo that your husband took of you looking at the rainbow. How could he not? Many blessings as you make that final transition from owning two homes to the city house. It will be bittersweet for a few days perhaps, but then sweet relief. Still hoping that you create a coffee table book of the stunning views and sky scenes from the country house. They have been amazing.

Chatty Crone said...

Your home there is gorgeous and I know it will be hard to leave all that.
Sounds like you have great buyers.
Good luck in your new home!
sandie

A Bit of the Blarney said...

Beautiful post! You have a lovely family and your scenery it just beautiful! Wishing you the very best of weekends!

My Tata's Cottage said...

It has been so long since I have stopped by and know why. How wonderful on the sale of your farmhouse. Our youngest daughter and her husband live on 28 acres in Western NY. We visited a few months ago and had the most amazing time. Your photos are beautiful and congrats on the new little ones. Your bonfire reminded me of Hannah and Jake;s place. Good memories. Take care and have a wonderful weekend. HUGS

Judy S. said...

Great to see your post and get caught up! Congrats on the sale and another new grandchild! I always enjoy seeing your photos because they remind me of the years I lived in WI. Thanks!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails