Monday, September 17, 2012

Caramel Apple Cheesecake

 
 Apple Cheesecake, just out of the oven

It's that time of year again, when the daylight hours are dwindling, the air is getting that cool, crisp feeling to it, and the garden produce is in.  I dug through my recipes and saw this apple cheesecake that I'd not made since fall of 2010. I couldn't believe it, for it is one of my favorites. And just a reminder - make sure to chill this cheesecake for several hours before cutting. I once ordered cheesecake at a restaurant and the server *warmed* it in the microwave before bringing it to the table. ??!!

Autumn Apple Cheesecake, Recipe:
(Also Gluten Free)

CRUST:
1 c graham cracker crumbs (I would use a gluten-free cookie or cracker)
1/2 c finely chopped pecans
3 Tbs sugar
1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
1/4 c butter, melted


FILLING:
3 (8 oz) pkg cream cheese, softened
3/4 c sugar
3 eggs
1 tsp vanilla
4 c apples, peeled, cored, and thinly sliced (I used Granny Smith, but only because the original recipe called for them. I think they hold up better than my McIntosh do.)
1/3 c sugar
1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
1/4 c chopped pecans
Caramel sauce

Crust:
Heat oven to 350. Mix crumbs, pecans, sugar, cinnamon and butter. Press into bottom of a 9-inch springform pan. bake 10 minutes.

Filling:
Beat cream cheese and 3/4 c of the sugar at med speed until well blended. Add eggs, 1 at a time, mixing well after each. Blend in vanilla; pour over crust. Toss apples with combined 1/3 c sugar and the cinnamon; spoon mixture over cream cheese layer. Sprinkle with chopped pecans. Bake 1 hour and 10 minutes. Loosen cheesecake from rim of pan; cool before removing rim of pan. Refrigerate until thoroughly chilled. Drizzle with caramel sauce.  Oh My Goodness!


Be sure to let me know if you try this recipe. I think you're gonna love it! :-))

***


'Frosted Apple Cake'
A Favorite Autumn Soap
...and more! Check out all my handcrafted soaps at
HomemadeSoapNSuch

Also now available at ETSY


 You'll find me at These Linky Parties:
Mop it Up Monday   and Mix it up Monday and Make it Pretty Monday and   What's in the Gunny Sack and  Making the World Cuter Mondays and Make the Scene Monday and  Make it Great Monday and Made By You Monday and  Something I Whipped Up Monday and  Motivate Me Monday and  Making Monday Marvelous  and  Get Your Craft On and Tip Me Tuesday  and  Inspiration Board and You're Gonna Love it Tuesday and  Take a Look Tuesday and  Tasty Tuesday and Tasty Tuesday and  Tempt My Tummy Tuesdays  and Two Maids a Baking and What's Cookin' Wednesday and DJs Sugar Shack and  Cast Party Wednesday and The Shady Porch and   We Did it Wednesday  and It's a Party at Creative Princess and Mom on TimeOut and  Link it Up Thursday and It's Fall Y'all and Crafty Friday (Thursday) and Mandatory Mooch and  Petals to Picots and  Threading Your Way and Lisa's Gluten-Free Blog  and I'm Lovin' it Friday and Maiden d'Shade and It's a Hodgepodge Friday  and Foodie Friends Friday and Creative Bloggers and  Serenity Saturday and Overflowing With Creativity and  Home and Family Friday 

 
Photobucket

31 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a delicious Autumn dessert! I love the pretty china, too! Have a wonderful day.

MadSnapper said...

hubby would love this, he loves cheese cake and apple pie, and together would be wow.

Joyce said...

Sounds good. I don't think I've ever had apple cheesecake but I love most things apple so perhaps will give it a try. I need dinner guests I think : )

Unknown said...

Oh that sounds sooo incredibly good. And why would someone warm cheesecake?? Even with apples?? lol

Unknown said...

Apple cheesecake? Are you kidding me? That sounds fantastic!! I think I need to try this one!

Terri @ A Creative Princess said...

Yum! I'm thinking I need to make a little trip to the grocery store today! I'll let you know how mine turns out.

Olive said...

You had me at cheesecake:}

Mary Bergfeld said...

Your cheesecake sounds delightful. It is the one dessert I can't resist or get too much of. You have sorely tempted me. I hope you have a great day. Blessings...Mary

Lisa @ Flour Me With Love said...

This would be a hit at my house! I love the fall flavor of apples. Thanks so much for sharing at Mix it up Monday :)

Denise said...

That looks very delicious.

Unknown said...

Oh my...that looks absolutely gorgeous, just got back from the gym and feels like I could eat some of that hehe! Enjoy your day!

Chatty Crone said...

Oh my goodness - everyone has taken all the words from me - but it just looks scrumptious.

Heated cheesecake?

debbie bailey said...

I'm definitely going to try this recipe! Fall is the perfect time for it. I always cook more in the fall thanks to recipes like this one! I'll try and remember to let you know if I like it.

Meee said...

Mmmm.... this looks so good! I am definitely going to have to try it. Perhaps my friend and I could make this when she comes for a sleepover this weekend! Perfect for fall. :)

Ruth Kelly said...

Looks like perfection!

Candace said...

My husband would adore this recipe, Judy. He's a huge apple fan. He told me last night that we should go apple picking this weekend. This would be a perfect reason to do so.

SImple and Serene Living said...

Oh yum, just in time for my gluten free diet. :)

Mama Hen said...

Oh my goodness this looks delicious! I want to grab a cup of coffee and head over to grab a slice. I will have to try this recipe. Have a great week!

Mama Hen

Lois Christensen said...

Oh my word! I used to make this recipe! It is so good! Love the apples on top! Congrats on your Etsy shop!

Lisa Boyle said...

This looks SO delicious! I love fall desserts! :-) Can't wait to try it with my kids. Would love for you to come share this at Try a New Recipe Tuesday! Many blessings, Lisa http://our4kiddos.blogspot.com

Dawn @ Words Of Deliciousness said...

Looks delicious. I love baking with apples at this time of year too.

Kathe said...

You had me at cheesecake. You had Mr. B at caramel apple. You got us both with this recipe!! Can't wait to try it! Thanks for sharing this at my party this week. I will be sharing this on my Facebook page too ♥

Tami said...

WOW, that looks so delicious!! Visiting your blog via Kathe with an E. Love it, now a follower!

Enjoy the rest of your week!

Candy said...

Looks and sounds delicious. I've gotta save the recipe and make one ASAP. Thanks for sharing. Im now following you from www.PICKINandPAINTIN.blogspot. Please, please come visit me there. Hope to see you soon. 8-)

Love Bakes Good Cakes said...

This sounds like the perfect dessert for Fall! I would love for you to share this post and any other Fall related post you have, at this week's It's Fall Y'all ~ Linky Party. Hope to see you there!

Kamila Gornia said...

Oh my gosh, I WANT THIS in my mouth right now! Like, now. I absolutely love cheesecake and this one is just stunning!

I saw this on Fall Linky Party; I shared my pumpkin carob donuts recipe, I'd love for you to check it out.

Ladies Holiday said...

Oh wow...we have to try that! You are welcome to link up on tomorrow's Photo Friday over at Ladies Holiday! Cheers!

Unknown said...

This recipe looks really good, especially the crust! I love the addition of nuts in the crust. We have 5 apple trees, so I am always on the lookout for a good apple recipe.

Thank you for linking up to Foodie Friends Friday!

Lois Christensen said...

Thank you so much for coming over to Foodie Friends Friday! Don't forget to come back and VOTE on Sunday!

Tammy ~ Country Girl at Home ~ said...

Oh this looks wonderful! I will have to give this a try! All of those favorite ingredients together...yummy! Thanks for sharing!

Tammy

Trish - Mom On Timeout said...

What a delicious way to bring in Fall! Love this! Thanks so much for sharing at Mom On Timeout!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails