Most of the photos in today's post are taken from my March, 2016 photo file, so if you think they look familiar, that's why. We're hoping to get back down to Vernon County in another couple weeks.
Red Dot = Barron County
Blue Dot = Vernon County
(about 3 hours south)
Map of Wisconsin from: https://www.lib.utexas.edu
She writes the questions;
we write the answers.
Plug them into your own blog post
and join in!
1. 'Slow and steady wins the race'...tell us about a time this was true in your own life.
The entire past 3 1/2 years has exemplified 'slow and steady,' or maybe 'wrong, slow and steady, worse, slow and steady, REDO, then slow and steady with more slow and steady for the next 6 months or so.'
Fuel tank on a farm near Sand Creek, WI
2. 'As slow as molasses'...Do you like molasses? How about maple syrup? Caramel? Butterscotch? What's your favorite of the slow moving treats mentioned here, and what's your favorite food made with that sweet treat?
I like molasses in molasses cookies, and only occasionally. The others aren't favorites. I could eat a caramel, but its best feature is the chew, not the taste. Of course it would be followed by a major crash in a sugar coma. Butterscotch is way too sweet. I found this out the other night while watching a movie and 'needing' something to munch on. So I got a little cup of semi-sweet chocolate chips, butterscotch chips, and pecans. Next time I'll leave out the butterscotch chips. If there is a next time. And there probably will be, because it seems to be the go-to treat when I'm in a foraging mood and popcorn isn't available.
Amish, Maple syruping in Vernon County
3. Your favorite slow song?
4. Your favorite thing to make in a slow cooker or crock pot?
The easiest, most delicious, and therefore favorite thing to make in a CrockPot is cream cheese chicken. Mix up 2 cans of chopped green chilis (don't drain) with 8 oz. cream cheese, then pour it over 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts. Set CrockPot to Low. It takes 6-8 hours, depending on your slow cooker. When done, break apart the chicken and mix it a little better into the cream cheese. This stuff is incredible and good with broccoli or green beans.
Barns near Sand Creek, WI
5. 'You may delay, but time will not.' ~Benjamin Franklin Are you more a hurrier or a delayer when it comes to unpleasant tasks that need doing? What are you currently either delaying or hurrying to get through this week or month?
I'm most definitely a hurrier, to get unpleasant things done and out of the way. Well, usually.
Horses on a neighboring farm
6. Tell us three things you encounter regularly or even just occasionally that you find to be annoyingly slow.
Organizing the house
Waiting for photos to upload
Waiting for spring.
Bonus item: See #1
Center Pivot Irrigation nr. Sand Creek, WI
7. March is National Craft Month. Are you crafty? Tell us about something crafty you'll try in the next thirty one days. Or something crafty you'd like to try or wish you had the skill to make happen.
I am not crafty, but I can make killer gluten-free scones and cookies. The closest I'll get to trying anything crafty in the next thirty one days (more likely next thirty one months) will be if I buckle down and finish a couple sweaters I started knitting. I had a great start on both of them, then became completely bored with the project and lost interest, then eventually got a motivating burst of guilty conscience and determined to complete them over the winter...but there were so many other important things that got in the way.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
I understand that some famous Hollywood type (not Paul Hollywood), who is very vocal about man-made global warming due to carbon emissions, hired someone to fly all the way from Australia to Hollywood in order to do his and someone else's eyebrows for the Oscars. Yes, their eyebrows.
Isn't that just precious.
Check out my natural, handcrafted vegan soap!
Buy any 5 or more, Get 1 FREE
Natural Vegan Soap
...and more! Check out all my handcrafted soaps at
Our ETSY Shop
Join me on Instagram: @cranberrymorning