Wednesday, April 10, 2019

Siblings on Wednesday Medley

 

  SIBLINGS
Tommy & Smokey
See all 170+ photos on Instagram.
#tommyandsmokey 
@cranberrymorning


Join Terry and the Gang
for
She writes the questions;
we write the answers.
Plug them into your own blog post
and join in!


April of 2013
at our house
That's Wisconsin for ya.
3 grand siblings

NATIONAL SIBLINGS DAY

National Siblings Day (also referred to as Sibling Day) is observed on April 10.  It is a day created to honor our brothers and our sisters.  
Siblings. They are sometimes our best friends or our worst enemies. At times, siblings will provide us with our biggest competition, strongest encouragement and remind us of our most embarrassing moments.
Struggling to keep up
more grand siblings
1.  Stealing the questions from above:  How many siblings do you have? I have three siblings. Two older brothers and one younger sister. Are you rivals or do you support each other in all you do? Neither of the above. We seldom see one another. One brother is in Colorado, one in Texas, and my sister is in Florida.
 The golden days of siblinghood
Before the little brother gets big enough for a good fight


2.  Have you heard of the Birth Order Book?  What are your thoughts on the premise that your birth order affects everything you do in life? I have heard of it, have not read it, but definitely think birth order affects so much. First children are often strong-willed, self-motivated, responsible; middle children the pastors and counselors, non-confrontational, youngest children often party animals. That is an exaggeration and merely an opinion. My sister does not fall into line with that, but I have seen it a lot in other families. I'll be interested in hearing how other bloggers answer that. And I think that all of the above can be altered by the number of years between children. For example, our younger daughter was the baby of the family until she was five years old and we adopted two little boys. She was suddenly the oldest of that group of three, with 10 1/2 years between her and her older sister.

 6, 4, 2

 Our two youngest

 Our two oldest
They were great pals growing up
 More grand siblings
I can't remember what they're singing here,
but it could be 'Sisters.' 
My favorite part in an old movie is when Bing Crosby and Danny Kaye
perform 'Sisters' in 'White Christmas.'

3.  Is there something that you still do that drives your siblings crazy? I don't think we see each other often enough for that.



4.  Are you closer to your siblings now than you were when you were younger? No, I don't think so. We're all at least four years apart, and that makes a lot of difference in whether or not there are close relationships, I think.

Brother far left and far right.

5.  Would you dare to tell us an embarrassing story about a sibling? I'm sorry, but I don't have any embarrassing stories about my siblings. And I know I've told you all about the times when my brothers scared me half to death or pulled pranks on me. I still don't like sleeping in the pitch dark.

 My cute little sister and serious (or grumpy) me
back when the earth was young
(My hair is still hard to control!)

6.  Tell us something random about your week.
We visited our daughter and her children in Wausau last weekend. Below is the birthday girl with her mom.
 Cinderella with her new GOLD slippers
Ruby is so yesterday.
(Thanks Pam, for the idea!)
They were a real hit!
Our middle child (she's still just as cute, but now she has teeth)  :-)
and her daughter 

 One of the pretty red barns in the Wausau area

Almost all of our snow is gone, just in time for a snow 'event' that is supposed to arrive here Wednesday evening with lots of snow and high winds. One of our grandkids is going to be staying with us while his parents attend a homeschool conference in Minnesota. He'll be with us for four days and four nights. I sure hope he doesn't get homesick! Unless the snow prevents us, we'll take him to visit some cousins. That should help. And he'll go to church with us on Sunday.


Thank you, Terri, for the Wednesday Medley questions!

***

Check out my natural, handcrafted vegan soap!
Buy any 5 or more, Get 1 FREE 

ALSO,
CHECK OUT MY 
20% OFF SALE 
ONLY IN MY ETSY SHOP
SALE ENDS APRIL 30


All-Natural Patchouli Grapefruit
Natural Vegan Soap
Large bars,
labeled and wrapped,
ready for gifting


...and more! Check out all my handcrafted soaps at
 
HomemadeSoapNSuch
and at
Our ETSY Shop

Join me on Instagram: @cranberrymorning
Judy

32 comments:

Tammy Enjoy Life said...

Snow!!!! Oh goodness no! Enjoy your grandchild and I do hope and pray he doesn't get homesick.

eileeninmd said...

Hello,

Great post on your siblings. You have a beautiful family. I hope the kitties have found a new home? I hope the snow is not too bad, I heard about the storms around the country. Enjoy your day and week ahead.

Jodi said...

Love all the pics!! I have heard about the event... so hoping it stays on the other side of Lake Michigan!!! Have a great Wednesday!

Lynne said...

Liked your Siblings post . . .
I have one sibling . . . not close, but we get along.
Plus we live a great distance from each other.

I haven’t read The Birth Order.
A friend of mine read it, refers to it often . . .
Like . . . “must be a first born!”

Smokey and Tommy still with you!?

MadSnapper said...

your family is so beautiful, all of them. love the grand with the new shoes. so cute in those stripes.. I woke up this morning and for no reason thought of how long it has been since I have seen my brother. 2008 was the last time we were together, we are 4 years apart, me the oldest and only two of us. we were close growing up, I used to smack him and get in trouble, he was best man in my first wedding. after he moved to Missouri when he got married, we grew apart, with rare visits. now we are 10 hour trip away and neither of us travels. both home bodies. we keep in touch through text and emails and phone calls a few times a year. I am the bossy control freak, like my dad and he is like my mom, laid back and can be bossed

Elizabeth "Libby" Day said...

I was so sorry to hear about this new LATE winter storm especially since you are already seeing the ground and experiencing 60 degree temps. I've been watching to see if our Northern Indiana bunch will get it too, but right now it seems they will get only the rain. Enjoy that little boy and store up memories.

Arlene G said...

Well I am the oldest of three girls and I think I fit the oldest child profile to a tee. Marvin is the second of six and while his siblings are spread across the south, we did get together last year in honor of what would have been their father's 100th birthday. We had so much fun we decided to try to do it at least every other year. I see my sisters often and we are very close now but not so much when we were growing up.

Empty Nester said...

Oh, gosh. Those shoes! Marcy adores those things. I'm glad we could inspire y'all. LOL As always, I enjoyed all the pictures. Have you found a new home for the kitties? I know you will miss them so very much. When is the move? Will y'all be buying a house or moving in with your daughter? Have a great Wednesday!

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

I love the pics of your 'kids' and grandkids! LOVE those shoes...do they come in my size? heehee! I'd have to skip these questions. I don't want to talk about it! lol Enjoy your day my friend! Hugs!

Nonnie said...

Wow! Your family is all over the place, but you get to be with your family and grandkids. Your grandson will probably be just fine. It always looks interesting at your place. All your picture are good and I share the traits of the older sibling you mentioned, plus the hair that is hard to control. Haha! I like the red barn.

Preppy Empty Nester said...

Great pics of your family, Judy. I bet your grandson is going to have the time of his life with you! Hope it warms up soon. It's so cold here.

Mrs.T said...

Snow here, as you know. Not as much as you all are expecting, but still. We already had a lot of remaining snow, so yesterday added an inch or two to the total.

Great creative sibling post here. I decided not to do a medley post this week as I am the only living sibling left and the whole thing would have been quite sad. I just couldn't think of a way to answer the questions creatively under the circumstances. But you did a great job with the theme, starting with Tommy and Smokey!

Cathy said...

I love that scene in White Christmas also.

Debby Ray said...

Loved seeing all of your sweet family photos...and I like the way you divided up the siblings to remind us of who was who. Tommy and Smokey are the most photogenic little guys! Sorry to hear about the upcoming snow event but I know it comes with the territory. Have fun with that grand boy of yours!

Margaret Birding For Pleasure said...

Lovely to see all the siblings

World of Animals, Inc said...

Happy Siblings Day. Tommy and Smokey are just too cute together. Seeing all the sibling photos was just wonderful and lovely to see. Thanks for the lovely share. Have a great day everyone.
World of Animals

Lea @ CiCis Corner said...

Well, your cats and the dogs I had pictured on my blog need to get together. What a cute group they would make. :o)) I think I'd rather be dealing with all our rain rather than your snow. Oh, My!!!

Terri D said...

I enjoyed this! Thanks for joining in again this week! It is interesting to learn about everyone's siblings and the relationships that developed over time (or not). I hope you don't get any more snow! I know it is nice when you can see the ground up there! Those new shoes that light up are really awesome! If they made them big enough, I would wear a pair! Seriously! I think they are so fun.

ss said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Vee said...

Well that stinking snowstorm can just blow itself out. I hear that it could arrive in the middle of spring vacation here. Unheard of! And most unwelcome. I may lose my sanctification at this rate.

Very interesting siblings post. I enjoyed seeing the pics from childhood days. Looks as if your children have remained close. Though my sister and I are nearly four years apart, we have made the attempt to stay in touch and involved. Perhaps too much so. Such a thing is possible.

Oh those gold shoes! You know how to delight a grandgirlie’s heart. I am sure that she didn’t even know that she wanted them very much.

Hang tough, Judy. Perhaps I need to dig out my copy of The Lion the Witch and the Wardrobe to read the chapter about Father Christmas.

ss said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Creations By Cindy said...

Enjoyed all of the wonderful pictures. Snow storm? Oh my goodness! Praying it passes on by. I hope that you enjoy the rest of your week. Hugs and blessings, Cindy

ellen b. said...

I think I saw on Instagram that the snow did arrive at your place...again. Hope it is a snow that doesn't hang around long. You really have a lovely family. Hope your grandson doesn't get homesick!

Jean | DelightfulRepast.com said...

Judy, good answers. Interesting answers. I haven't read that book, but I don't think the birth order thing applied very neatly in my case because of the age differences. I'm the youngest of four, but with a 5 1/2-year gap between me and the one before me. Love the family photos, including Tommy and Smokey.

The Joy of Home with Martha Ellen said...

Loved seeing the family photos, Judy. You were a little darling. I think birth order does have an affect on a child depending on their parents. I'm the oldest and felt I was the trial child. My siblings got away with murder. Not really, I'm sure they would say it differently. Life is what we make it! Hopefully the snowstorm is over and gone and soon you'll see the grass again. xo

Jill said...

All these photos are just lovely! Snow!! We are at 80 degrees today and I'm loving it because it comes with the coolest, gentlest breeze! I wish it would stay that way but I know NC it will be in the 100's and miserable soon, lol. I'm going to enjoy it while I can. The pollen is crazy too! Enjoy the rest of your week and all that snow!

Blessings,
Jill

podso said...

Wonder if the parents made it to the homeschool conference in MN. The snow reports sounded significant. I think it's harder for siblings to stay connected or see each other once the parents are gone. The glue. We all have to make an effort and it's hard. Not sure about the birth order--my younger sister is no party animal. I am definitely a middle child and taking care of everyone. We were three sisters for so long and then a baby brother came along. Our five year old granddaughter will soon switch from the baby to a big sister when an adopted baby comes along. Families are just plain interesting.

Cindy said...

Those gold light up shoes look like fun! Loved your pictures! Have a great weekend.

Recep Hilmi TUFAN | rehitu.com said...

I have one sibling however we are not talking nowadays. :(

رامز المثاليه said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
رامز المثاليه said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Judy S. said...

Fun post! Our cat loves the registers also and completely covers it by herself!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails