Friday, April 26, 2019

Amish and Kitties and Quilts!



This is just a quick post because a couple of you asked about Tommy and Smokey. I am sorry that I neglected to post a photo of them in Wednesday Medley. Well, they are still here and still snuggly and still happy kitties. Keeping them when we move to Wausau is absolutely out of the question. If you knew the respiratory issues our little granddaughter dealt with all last winter and the hospitalizations, you would understand. We desperately need to find a wonderful home for these two sweet cats. I even gave a few copies of my flyer to the FedEx man when he delivered their food yesterday! He said his mom and his sister are both cat lovers, that his German Shepherd, not so much. So then we started talking about German Shepherds. But anyway, he happily took the flyers and agreed to help.

If any of YOU would like to help us find a home, I would be happy to email you a .pdf of the flyer I made. Your librarian will most likely let you put it up in the library (one idea). Especially in the Wisconsin and Minnesota area. Anyway, here's the poster, in case you didn't see it before:


I condensed it into a 9" x 12" and you can email me at: judymasrud@gmail.com if you would like to print copies to hand out. We will probably actually be moving in August, so we don't have a lot of time left. It's already the end of April and I'm getting a bit worried. Please post this on Facebook or wherever you are willing. I will not post it on Craigslist because I've been warned away from going that route. One woman responded to my flyer, but when I asked her for a reference from her vet and a friend, she never got back to me. Mr. C., as an asbestos abatement contractor has worked in homes that were animal hoarder homes (that had to be condemned and torn down or burned!) and we just want to make sure that Tommy and Smokey will go into a loving and healthy environment. I didn't think that the two references was too much to ask. After all, they're the two cutest and best cats ever and come with a two-month supply of food, four clean litter boxes, a sleeping box, and four bags of Fresh Step litter. We might even throw in a rocking chair and a queen size mattress! :-))  I mean, c'mon!!  Okay, I'll move onto the rest of the post:



One thing I will miss when we move to the Big City of Wausau (as opposed to the 67 acres of crops, woods, and stream and long driveway and neighbors few and far between) is the fact that I will no longer be able to hang my quilts out on the front porch rail to dry in the breeze (or maybe I can. I don't know about city life, but I feel kinda like The Beverly Hillbillies moving to LA) I lifted up the corners to show you these two Amish-made quilts that we bought years ago at an auction in Westby Wisconsin at the Syttende Mai celebration May 17. They're beautiful, and I just washed them so that I can get them ready to pack to move.

I am keeping only a minimal amount of bedding, towels and washcloths, etc. Always in the past, we've been the place where the family meets, so I've had a ton of everything on hand. No more. It actually is quite liberating to be packing up and donating stuff. I've come to realize that my life's most important things are, in this order:

God
Family
Pets
Books
Plants 
Camera
KnickKnacks

And as I've been packing books, it's almost embarrassing how many boxes are labeled, "British..."

I'm not sure I should admit that. I'm not even going to try to Google and find out what that must mean about my personality.


I actually took this photo at a long distance, from inside our house through the library window. I wasn't going to post it, but look how cute that little guy is standing between those two men. I think he spent the whole day with them as they were fencing. Three men hold onto a post pounder and drive 4" diameter posts into the ground. The posts do NOT have a pointed end. I don't know how they do it, but they're all young men, so I guess that helps. 


 Our big spruce with view to the S, SE, SW

That's it, folks. And I'm going to close comments today (which I HATE TO DO) simply because I have no business being on the computer. I've a ton of boxes to pack, items to donate, a new sofa and loveseat are being delivered this afternoon, and we'll get to spend time with the Minnesota portion of our family this weekend. Can't wait!

Be sure to let me know if you want the .pdf of that kitty flyer. And thank you!

***

20% OFF SALE ON MY SOAPS 
ENDS APRIL 30
HURRY if you want that great discount
PLUS
the Buy Five or more, Get Another Free.



Check out my natural, handcrafted vegan soap!
Buy any 5 or more, Get 1 FREE


NORTHWOODS
Balsam and Siberian fir
Natural, Handcrafted Vegan Soap
Moisturizing
Great lather
Large Bars
No animal products
No harsh chemicals!
Delicious fragrance



...and more! Check out all my handcrafted soaps at
 
(Sale only at our Etsy Shop)

Our ETSY Shop



Join me on Instagram: @cranberrymorning
P.S. I know that once these kitties are at their new home, I will be totally ready to move out. I will miss them terribly!
Have a wonderful day, friends! 

Judy

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails