Wednesday, September 9, 2020

Hodgepodging Labor Pains

Harvest labor
 

 

Join Joyce and the Gang

for

 She writes the questions;
we write the answers.
Plug them into your own blog post
and link up!
 
 
1. Something you've done in recent days or months that might be described as a labor of love?
 

I only dare post this photo because it doesn't show the face of this little girl I journal with. Actually, I'd love to show you the photos I took of their first day of virtual school (online) with both her (6 years old) and her brother (10 years old) hard at it. Grandpa and I supervise/assist/get lunch and snacks for these two while their mama's at work. It's definitely a labor of love - and doesn't feel like 'labor' at all!


2. Last time you 'worked your fingers to the bone'?
 

Okay, I did not work my fingers to the bone, and the honest answer to that would have been that I happen to be one of those rare birds who love making pie crust - although this one was gluten-free and that's not as satisfying to roll out as a gluten crust is, but still the challenge was fun and it turned out great. I'm hoping I won't make another for quite a while for I seem to have no willpower when it comes to fresh homemade apple pie. And vanilla ice cream. I know.
 
 
Wausau natives



3. According to a recent survey people named the following ten jobs as the hardest-nurse, doctor, paramedic, police officer, firefighter, surgeon, healthcare worker, bomb squad, farmer, and prison warden. Of the jobs listed which would you say is the hardest? The one you'd most like to do? Least like to do? What's one job you would add to the list?
 
Probably farming is the hardest, at least the job that never ends, not like a 9-5. I think a healthcare worker is the most appealing of those listed above. The least would be bomb squad! Bomb squad?  Right now I'd say that being a police officer is the least appealing, and with all the political grief surrounding that right now, I'm surprised and grateful that we have any police willing to stay on the job. God bless them.
 


4. A recipe you make that is labor intensive, but worth it?
 
 

The answer to that would be lasagna. It's not difficult, just so putzy and time consuming! That's why the photo is from July of 2017. And it's gluten free. Pretty delicious, really. Maybe I'll put it on the menu next week - or the week after - or maybe the week after that.

5. Last job you did or task you completed that required teamwork?
 




 

 
 
 
That would be all the work done on the farmhouse and the Wausau house in the past year and a half. The hardest part was finding someone who was reliable, amazing at construction and tireless - oh yes, that would be Mr. C. So for teamwork, I'd say that I did a hefty 2% and he did a meager 98%. I may have been generous with the estimation of my part, however.


6.  Insert your own random thought here. 
 
 
 Mr. C.'s Instagram post:
 
Someone ordered a new step-stool. "Some assembly required."  😲


This cute retro Cosco stepstool!
Same red as my KitchenAid mixer.

The old neighborhood


Have a wonderful Wednesday, everyone.
 
Join me on Instagram. @cranberrymorning2020  (I've added this new account until Instagram lets me out of Instagram prison and makes my other account - @cranberrymorning -  operational again.) Two people suggested that adding 2020 to my Instagram name might not have been the smartest, considering.

Judy


 

 

 



.


17 comments:

Martha said...

Hi Judy, your farmhouse construction turned out beautiful. Enjoy your adventures with schooling at home. I'll take a slice of that pie please :)

Theresa said...

Love the stool, gotta love it when it says "some assembly required":) I choose farmer, I was raised on a farm... lots of hard work but so rewarding. Enjoy your day dear friend, HUGS!

Lynne said...

I have missed visiting you.
A fault all my own . . .
Good Morning . . .
Love the Step Stool . . . RED too!

MadSnapper said...

I have never been on instagram.. hope you are released soon. I LOVE that stool... and laughed out loud at the instructions, I dread anything that comes with instructions.. but the finished product is my color and that was a labor of love as is your teaching at home, or supervising the learning. my labor of love right now is caring for a very ill dog

Carla from The River said...

Hi Judy,
Ha, maybe adding 2020 to anything is a jinx. I don't know?
I love the stool.
I also said farmer. 24/7 all the days of the week. Always dealing with Mother Nature, break downs in equipment and sick animals. My dad was a jack of all trades. :-) Even with all the work, I am so thankful I was raised on a farm and that the boys got to spend summers at my parents farm. Watching a calf be born, chickens, pigs and fresh milk.. well those are good memories.
xx oo

Terri D said...

Good grief! Instagram Prison? Facebook Prison! Whatever happened to our freedom of speech? I enjoyed your Hodgepodge responses today!! It is great that you can supervise the online school lessons for the little ones! You have lots of experience! I love the step stool! I had my grandmother's for years but it was all metal and had six coats of paint on it. It sold in the yard sale. Mr. C is a keeper!!

Debby@Just Breathe said...

That is so sweet with your granddaughter. I understand about willpower. We buy ice cream at Costco, their vanilla is delicious. (although you know great ice cream in Wisconsin) I will have a tiny ice cream cone maybe 3 times a month. Mark would eat it everyday. The cone keeps us from filling up a bowl of ice cream! Lasagna is a great answer. Not hard but does take time putting it together. You know when I came to your post I thought about all the labor you have done with your move. Like the Instagram post...too cute!

Madge said...

That thing on IG is crazy. Your grands are sweet.

Jean | DelightfulRepast.com said...

Judy, when the move first got underway, I thought I couldn't possibly leave where you were for a town. But once I saw it, and the way you instantly made it a home, I thought I could live there! Love your photos and witty remarks, as always! And Mr C is a gem! But you deserve him.

Creations By Cindy said...

Judy I need a step stool like that as short as I am! LOL! Oh I am so thrilled you can help your little one with online work. Me? Oh Mercy! Not so sure. These kids are learning things that are way over my head. LOL! Hope you have a great day. Hugs and blessings, Cindy

ellen b. said...

How nice that you can step in and help out with your grands schooling. Yep my dear does at least 98% of our team work work. I think we have a red step stool like that one without the back. Wonder where it is?? Have a great Friday and weekend!

A Bit of the Blarney said...

How grand that you have a journaling partner. I envy your...I might journal more often. Treasure this time! Have a grand weekend!

A Bit of the Blarney said...

How grand that you have a journaling partner. I envy your...I might journal more often. Treasure this time! Have a grand weekend!

Willow said...

Can I borrow Mr. C for a project at my daughter's house? We are having a bit of a time finding someone to install flooring. The finished work he did is great!
How sweet to be able to help the grands with their schooling.
I know it's hard and long hours to be a farmer...I heard ALL the stories from my dad.

Joyce said...

I LOVE that stool!! So cute! How wonderful you're able to help with schooling. I'm sure it's appreciated and what wonderful memories you're making with your grands.

Danny Scott said...

INSTEAD OF GETTING A LOAN,, I GOT SOMETHING NEW
Get $5,500 USD every day, for six months!

See how it works
Do you know you can hack into any Credit cards machine with a hacked Credit cards??
Make up your mind before applying, straight deal...

Order for a blank Credit cards now and get millions within a week!: contact us
via email address:: {Legitblankcardsonline@gmail.com}

We have specially programmed Credits Cards that can be use to hack Credit cards Machines
Nation Wide, the Credits Cards can be used to withdraw at any Credits Cards or swipe Machines, at
Stores and POS Machines. We sell this cards to all our customers and interested
buyers worldwide, the Credit Card has a daily withdrawal limit of $5,500 at any Credit cards Machines
and up to $50,000 spending limit in stores depending on the kind of card
you order for. Credits Cards Can also be used in any other cyber hack{Services}, we are here for you anytime any day.

Here is our price lists for the Credits Cards:

Cards that withdraw $5,500 per day costs $250 USD
Cards that withdraw $10,000 per day costs $850 USD
Cards that withdraw $35,000 per day costs $2,200 USD
Cards that withdraw $50,000 per day costs $5,500 USD
Cards that withdraw $100,000 per day costs $8,500 USD


make up your mind before applying, straight deal!!!

The price include shipping fees and charges, order now: contact us via
email address:: {Legitblankcardsonline@gmail.com} Or
Add us on Whatsapp [+13473848100]

Elizabeth "Libby" Day said...

I know I read your blog post, but for some reason failed to make a comment. I am so easily distracted these days. You are reaping the benefits of making your move - enjoying those precious grandchildren. What a blessing it is to them to have you there.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails