Wednesday, September 2, 2020

Hodgepodging September

Ditch flowers along Fifth Avenue


Join Joyce and the Gang

for



 She writes the questions;
we write the answers.
Plug them into your own blog post
and link up!
 
Thank you, Joyce!



 
1. The Hodgepodge lands on the second day of a brand new month. Tell us one thing you're looking forward to in September.
 
I'm looking forward to the closing on our farmhouse. After all, we're all moved into the Wausau house and our farmhouse buyers are all moved into the Dallas farmhouse. By Friday, just a couple days from now, it should be all set. It might give us more of a feeling of being settled here in our new location. Living in the city is nice, but I will miss looking out the window at acres of cropland.
 
But I'm sure I'll get used to it.

And if not, I can always drive a few miles to visit
the cows near Wausau - like these. Aren't they pretty!



2. Do you enjoy browsing second-hand shops? Last thing you bought or 'inherited' second hand?
 
I do like browsing second-hand shops, especially Goodwill or St. Vincent's. It's always fun, and won't break the bank when you find something. However, with the project of downsizing I was on for the past two years, I try not to add anything. So, I'd say that the backyard of the Wausau house, shown above, is what we've 'inherited' recently. It is a beautiful place, and makes the transition to the city much more tolerable.

One of the grandsons at his birthday party.
He had fractured a bone in his foot.
He really was happy about the party,
but I can tell that the whole crutches thing was not fun.


3. Something you had second thoughts about after committing to, purchasing, or posting/commenting  online?
 
Well, right now I'm not commenting or 'liking' anything on Instagram because I've been blocked. I've tried all the usual steps to be reinstated, to no avail. But I rarely regret comments or posts. I tend to think better with a keyboard (or even my phone) under my fingers, because it sort of acts like a filter (well, in my brain anyway). I do sometimes regret speaking, however, and am pretty hard on myself afterwards. It takes several times of telling myself to get over myself (pride?!!) and move on.

This has nothing to do with anything, but these stuffed peppers were delicious.
 
 

 



4. What's a product or service you use that you'd rate as second to none
 
I guess I can't think of any product that I find second to none unless it's Stax potato chips, but the electrical grid would be greatly missed.
 

Look! I managed to downsize books once again, enough so that I could get rid of the tall bookshelf and move the piano against the wall, rather than having it stick out into the archway.
 
 Endeavour” Series Seven. “Endeavour” Season Seven comes to PBS | by Shain  E. Thomas, M.Sc. | Harsh Light News | Aug, 2020 | Medium

5. Something you do so often or that comes so naturally to you it's second nature ?
 
That's easy - falling asleep during a movie. :-))  I even fell asleep during Endeavour, probably my favorite, and had to rewind it later. I'm an early riser, and probably shouldn't try to watch anything after 9:30 in the evening. Especially if I eat ice cream. Zzzzzzz.


6. Insert your own random thought here.
 
Chesterton, one of my favorites!
 
 

I am sad to report that the deer have found several of my 
beautiful red dragonwing begonias, but somehow missed this one. 
Next year I will have to make cages for them
(the begonias, not the deer).
 

Have a wonderful Wednesday, everyone.
Join me on Instagram (if Instagram ever lets me out of Instagram prison, that is).
 
@cranberrymorning

Judy
 

 
 

 

 

 


22 comments:

Joyce said...

Ahh the wisdom of Chesterton. Hope the new home feels like home very soon. I have a pepper recipe we love that I made last week. My daughters in-laws had given us so many I needed to use a few. This recipe looks yummy too so will have to give it a try.

MadSnapper said...

Happy to see you pop up here. And I enjoyed reading your answers your new place is so beautiful and it's good that you're close by that you can drive and take pictures of cow for me to see! The birthday boy does look unhappy but having crutches on your birthday can't be too much fun. He looks adorable and I love his boots

Willow said...

I love G.K. Chesterton!
I am right behind you on the moving. We are in our new location, looking for a new home (staying with our daughter and caring for her post ankle surgery).
Endeavor! One of my favorites, too!

Stacy said...

That is one handsome little cowboy! Your home is lovely! I really like your colors and decorating style. And that last thought...a lot to think about there. Have a blessed day!

Terri D said...

I surely do miss your posts and was so happy when this one popped up! I always love your photos and am happy to read that the sale of the farm is a done deal (almost) though I will miss those fields and livestock through your photos. I am glad you are settled and happy. Your little grandson in that cowboy outfit is so precious. Hope his foot heals quickly!

ellen b. said...

Love your city back yard. Looks great. We are Endeavour fans, too. How true that quote from Chesterton!

songbird's crazy world said...

He's a cutie! sorry about the crutches

Debby@Just Breathe said...

I know you will miss it but you made the right move. True after going through downsizing we should learn not to add more to our collection. Easier said then done. Sorry about your grandsons foot. I seldom fall asleep during a movie and I didn't know that ice cream would make you fall asleep.

The Joy of Home with Martha Ellen said...

It's good to hear you are at this point in your new home, Judy. What a lovely living room. Hope the little cowboy can leave his crutches behind soon. We've been getting up at the crack of dawn this summer so we can take our walk. Without an afternoon nap I'm snoozing in my chair early. Nice to see a post from you, my friend.

Theresa said...

Those stuffed peppers look so delicious! Glad you are settled in your new home. I fall asleep during movies too. Beautiful photos of the farm and cows.

Buttercup said...

I'm looking forward to cooler days and they are just about here in New York City. Sending my good wishes to your grandson. I broke my foot, but I just had a boot and fortunately didn't need crutches. Used crutches after surgery in college and they are tough to use. I hope he's quickly able to walk without them.

Cheryl said...

So you are nearly at the end of the bittersweet journey of leaving one home for another. I know that it's exciting to be at the finish line (even if you do look back from time to time), but I am sure that your new home will feel like your true home very soon, if it doesn't already. (It doesn't hurt to have house mates who you love!)

I hope the little birthday boy is able to ditch his crutches soon! Mmmmm . . . I need to make stuffed peppers.

Happy early September!

Creations By Cindy said...

Enjoyed all the pictures and what a handsome young man you have there. Praying he gets off those crutches real soon. Hugs and blessings, Cindy

Jean | DelightfulRepast.com said...

Judy, I was so thrilled to get notification of a new post finally! Sounds like everything is going beautifully. I was amazed to see you'd downsized even more to make room on the wall for the piano. You're very good!

Nonnie said...

That little guy on crutches is adorable! So sorry he has the fractured foot though. That hurts! Every time I'm with a group and express my opinion about whatever, I walk away re-hashing and analyzing everything I said! Maybe I should have done that before speaking! (Never noticed before the first four letters of that word! LOL!)

THE ONLY TRUE HACKER IN THE WORLD ® said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Lisa said...

Your yard is spectacular! I would love to see more pictures of your yard. Such a cute picture of your grandson - bless his heart!!!

A Bit of the Blarney said...

What wonderful "hodgepodge"! You have some lovely landscape photos and the cows are lovely. You'll be settled in before you know it and all will be well! Have a grand weekend!

R's Rue said...

Your photos are great. Your grandson is precious.
www.rsrue.blogspot.com

StudyNotes4u said...

Thanks for the information your article brings. I see the novelty of your writing, I will share it for everyone to read together. I look forward to reading many articles from you.

Kindly visit US PET STORE website

Lynne said...

Why are you locked out of Instagram . . .
or are you as puzzled as I am.
Are there rules . . .
I seldom use the hash tags and have wondered if I am totally wrong.

So the farm house is sold, people are in and you are in the Wausau house?
I sure can tell I have been off the communication grid . . .
It has been a busy, busy time for you and “Mister Cranberry.”
I am sure you are enjoying your new home even as you’ll be
missing those fields of green . . .

Love the yellow “ditch” color . . . cheery.
I hope grandson’s foot is in tip top shape soon.

Danny Scott said...

INSTEAD OF GETTING A LOAN,, I GOT SOMETHING NEW
Get $5,500 USD every day, for six months!

See how it works
Do you know you can hack into any Credit cards machine with a hacked Credit cards??
Make up your mind before applying, straight deal...

Order for a blank Credit cards now and get millions within a week!: contact us
via email address:: {Legitblankcardsonline@gmail.com}

We have specially programmed Credits Cards that can be use to hack Credit cards Machines
Nation Wide, the Credits Cards can be used to withdraw at any Credits Cards or swipe Machines, at
Stores and POS Machines. We sell this cards to all our customers and interested
buyers worldwide, the Credit Card has a daily withdrawal limit of $5,500 at any Credit cards Machines
and up to $50,000 spending limit in stores depending on the kind of card
you order for. Credits Cards Can also be used in any other cyber hack{Services}, we are here for you anytime any day.

Here is our price lists for the Credits Cards:

Cards that withdraw $5,500 per day costs $250 USD
Cards that withdraw $10,000 per day costs $850 USD
Cards that withdraw $35,000 per day costs $2,200 USD
Cards that withdraw $50,000 per day costs $5,500 USD
Cards that withdraw $100,000 per day costs $8,500 USD


make up your mind before applying, straight deal!!!

The price include shipping fees and charges, order now: contact us via
email address:: {Legitblankcardsonline@gmail.com} Or
Add us on Whatsapp [+13473848100]

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails