Wednesday, September 30, 2020

Hodgepodging Autumn Colors



 
Rib Mountain State Park
Wausau, WI

Join Joyce and the gang
 for


From this Side of the Pond

She writes the questions
We write the answers.
Plug them into your own blog post
And join in!
Thank you Joyce!

1. When is the last time you experienced nostalgia? 

That was probably when I was putting up an instagram post about St. Michael and All Angels, for September 29. The church pictured is in Stanton, UK, and that made me 'homesick' for England. The excerpt is from this week's newsletter of Zion Lutheran Church in Wausau. Zion's morning and evening prayer/devotional are live every day on Facebook. Zionlutheranwausau.





 2. September 29th is National Coffee Day. Do we need this? Ha! So are you a coffee drinker? If so how many cups per day, and tell us how you like it. Is there a recipe you enjoy that calls for coffee as one of the ingredients? 

If we're talking about measuring cups of coffee, I'm not sure. But I fill my coffee mug at least twice each morning, and don't drink coffee any time after 7:30 AM.


About three weeks ago, I switched from regular coffee to decaf, to see if it would eliminate the coffee jitters. Yes indeed, it made all the difference. There really isn't a good decaf, in my opinion, but the benefits of switching outweigh the desire for that delicious, rich, strong cup of black coffee. Stay tuned.

 3. Do you find praise or criticism to be more motivating? Explain. 

To me, this is like asking are we motivated by love or by fear. Criticism makes me feel small and stuck, squashed down in a dark corner. In fact, I'm so drawn to God by love. Fear of an angry and distant God makes no one joyful. But knowing that we are loved with an overwhelming love by our ever-present and generous heavenly Father, who keeps on giving and giving to us is incredibly motivating.

But now thus says the Lord,
he who created you, O Jacob,
he who formed you, O Israel:
Fear not, for I have redeemed you;
I have called you by name, you are mine.
From Isaiah 43.

Bless the Lord, O my soul, and all that is within me bless his holy name. He redeems my life from the grave, and crowns me with mercy and lovingkindness. - From Psalm 103.

It is Well With My Soul.

Chickens of New Ulm


 4.  What's a television series you keep coming back to and re-watching? 

Vera and George Gently would be two. There aren't any new ones I find appealing, except I did stumble across McDonald and Dobbs, a fun detective show. So far there are only 2 episodes, but I hope they make more.

Fred, the goat of New Ulm


 5. As the month of September draws to a close give us three words to describe your mood. 

Content, joyful, hopeful.

 6. Insert your own random thought here.

Morning in New Ulm

This week we are in New Ulm, MN at the home of our son's family, house-cow-goat-chickens-dog-cat sitting while they head up to the Black Hills for a few days. And next Sunday afternoon we will go back home to Wausau, the long 5-hour drive. At least it's a beautiful time of year and we're seeing a lot of fall color on our journeys.

Have a wonderful Wednesday, everyone.

Jon me in Instagram: @cranberrymorning
(Yes I got my old account up and running again!)


Judy

Composed and posted from my little Android. 



23 comments:

SImple and Serene Living said...

We don't have any fall colors here yet, but I love seeing yours. I only drink decaf and have for a long time. I like Trader Joe's decaf. xo Laura

A Joyful Chaos said...

I like the three words you chose to describe your mood. :)

Blessings~

Susie said...

Judy, Your son's farm is so pretty with the chickens and goats. I love the pretty sky and field shot. Blessings to all of you. Be safe. xoxo, Susie

MadSnapper said...

All the way through the post I kept trying to figure out where the heck is new u l m. I was glad you told us at the end so you were away way up in Minnesota and I just love the chickens and the goat and all the critters and the fact that you can go up there and let them have some time off. What a beautiful beautiful place to live.

Joyce said...

We're expecting some cool weather this week so that might jumpstart our color. Mostly still summery green here still. So many beautiful churches all across England. I often feel nostalgic for the years we spent there. Have a happy Wednesday!

Mrs.T said...

I like your three words also. Lovely photos too.

And regarding decaf coffee -- we recently tried a bag of Dunkin' Decaf and we like it a lot. Better decaf than any others we have tried.

Cathy said...

Enjoying all your pictures from New Ulm.

Terri D said...

Great photos and thanks for explaining where New Ulm is! I do have a cup of decaf coffee now and then, in the evening but agree with you that there really isn't a rich and delicious decaf coffee. Sigh. Joyce always gives us fun and interesting questions! Enjoy the animals and those beautiful colors. Safe travels home this weekend!

Lea @ CiCis Corner said...

Love all the pics and what enjoyable answers. Safe travels home!

Sue said...

Enjoyed your responses, Judy, beautiful photos you have shared, enjoy your trip, and safe travels.
Sue

Theresa said...

Oh, it looks so beautiful there! Waiting for autumn to arrive here. I love your answer about being motivated by praise or criticism. And I was singing "It is Well..." early today :)

Vee said...

Oh it is a gorgeous time to be out and about. The foliage here is at peak and it looks as if yours is as well. You can get away with decaf? Since I get a headache without a cup of morning coffee, guess I'll stick with my one cup of high test. Do you find yourself feeling nostalgic most every day? I sure do.

Happy October🍂

The Joy of Home with Martha Ellen said...

New Ulm is so pretty, Judy! That first photo is a beauty. Well, all of your photos are beautiful.
The church in England makes me homesick too! The fact we can't travel is getting to me. I want it to be "Well with my soul", but I'm not there yet.
Enjoy your stay in New Ulm. I'm impressed you posted with your Android--what a tech wizard you are.

ellen b. said...

I keep checking to see if there is a new MacDonald and Hobbs. I like your three words!

Lisa said...

I love the pictures of the chickens and goats! It looks like you have ALL the fall colors where you are! In Alabama, we have a few leaves that have turned but it will be later this month before we have great color.

Creations By Cindy said...

Wonderful pictures. Oh I am surely a lover of coffee. Hope you are having a great day. Hugs and blessings, Cindy

Debby@Just Breathe said...

The church is lovely. I would love to go back to the UK but Mark has no desire to go back. It would be a very rare occasion for me to have any coffee during the day. Only in the morning. I drink a half caff. Love your answer for #5. Have a wonderful visit.

Willow said...

I love my morning coffee--usually we drink half-caf. Great flavor and half the jitters. Sometimes we push it down to 2/3 decaf.
Oh, now I am nostalgic for England, too!

Ida said...

Enjoyed your hodgepodge answers and the lovely fall photos. So far just a few trees are starting the color change but it's coming.

Jean | DelightfulRepast.com said...

Judy, love those photos. The rural scenes always touch me. And I'm one who is always a bit homesick for England!

Wendy said...

Gorgeous pictures. Enjoy your stay and safe travels home. I don't drink coffee but I get through a lot of tea. I switch to decaf after lunch which isn't too bad.

A Bit of the Blarney said...

Absolutely gorgeous photos!! Have a grand time and take some more lovely photos to share!

Marilyn @ MountainTopSpice said...

Your son's place is filled with all kinds of delights, sweet farm animal faces! I loved the first picture of the Fall colors, just gorgeous! I love coffee and tea... although lately I've decided to just drink hot water in the mornings to see if I really need coffee, and surprisingly, I feel much better just drinking the hot water, and no coffee. Sometimes I will add a drop of peppermint or lemon oil to the hot water, and that really is soothing to drink. I also enjoy cups of hot tea during the day or in the evening. Glad your IG account is back up and running :) Many blessings!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails