Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Dark Chocolate & Blueberries

Where have these been all my life???!



'uh-SIGH-ee'
or so I'm told

And there's also pomegranate ...and gogi berries (whatever those are) with raspberries

I think we first discovered these at Festival Foods in Eau Claire. Or maybe it was Walmart in Rice Lake. But the last time we were at Sam's Club, we saw that they have much larger bags. We didn't purchase them. But after we had lunch across town, I am not kidding you, KEVIN, who passes up most sweets, turned toward Sam's Club like a homing pigeon, and drove out of our way to return to Sams and get the large bag of Brookside blueberries and dark chocolate.

I have no idea why anyone would make such a foolish decision, for I can eat an entire large bag of those delicious treats just as easily as a small bag. There is no switch in my brain that says, 'Whoa! You've already eaten an entire handful of those chocolates. Enough Already!'  It's like mountain climing...you eat it because it's THERE.  

So take pity on me. I'm trying to avoid those and stick with my one orange mid-evening while Kevin indulges in his 'health food.'

It's not easy.

***


'Cranberry Morning'

Handcrafted, Vegan Soap
Large 4.5+ oz. bars
...and more! Check out all our handcrafted soaps at

26 comments:

Trace4J said...

Oh my goodness.
They look fab. I need to find some of those.Before I can only eat healthy soon. Notice soon. :)
Woolie Hugs

Elizabeth Edwards said...

what an interesting combo. neat!! ( :

Diane said...

You had me at "dark chocolate!!"

Unknown said...

I LOVE these!! I have a bag of them at my desk at work... great little pick me up snack throughout the day!

MadSnapper said...

one a day will keep the doctor away, but a handful a day, who knows.. they look wonderful...

Parsley said...

Chocolate with fruit...best combo ever!

Kim said...

Chocolate and blueberry....how could you resist?

Sunny Simple Life said...

Oh how I love dark chocolate anything. With berries sounds so good. I just finished a piece with pistachio and sea salt yesterday. It was so good.

Muffy's Marks said...

If you get to Door county or "Cherry Land" on Hwy 41 between Appleton & Green Bay, you have to stop for the Chocolate Covered Cherries. To die for. Its a good thing we moved north!!!!

Deanna said...

Sounds wonderful. My son-in-law often picks me up a bag or two of dark chocolate covered wine grapes at Whole Foods and those are to-die-for. You mentioned goji berries so I thought I should pass along a little warning. I recently had some mixed fruit and veggie juice which contained goji berries and had an allergic reaction (massive hives and wheezing). A little research turned up a study which demonstrated that 77% of people with other food allergies also reacted to goji berries. Even my husband who doesn't have any food allergies was a little itchy after drinking that juice. I think I'd avoid those and stick with the blueberry version. ;)

Jillian's Bella Rosa Antiques said...

Yum! I would be afraid to try them out now... but oooooh. Now I am wondering how they taste! Thanks so much for stopping by!

Ruth Kelly said...

My mouth started watering at your title and then I thought, perhaps it is a new soap flavor but when I opened your blog - my first instinct was right - mouth watering again.

Donna said...

Yum, those do sound good!

Eileen H said...

Oh my, they sound wonderful!

Cranberry Morning said...

Deanna, thanks for the warning. I'll stay away from the gogi berries and stick with the blueberry or pomegranate versions. :-)

Heide at ApronHistory said...

Sounds heavenly! I will have to see if I can find them somewhere as we never go to Walmart or Sam's.

Unknown said...

Oh.My.GOD.
I would be in so much trouble if I had those at my house. ;-)

Terri D said...

LOL - we have a big bag from Sam's Club of the pomegranate ones. Delicious!!

Debbie Jones said...

I tasted those one day at Costco and they are delicious. I was thinking of getting some on our last trip there, but then, like you, figured I'd have them eaten in a day, so refrained. Maybe I'll have to rethink that. Enjoy!

Debra Hawkins said...

Can't lie. I really just don't like blueberries. I keep trying them hoping it will change...

Ladies Holiday said...

So maybe someone said this, but how about blueberry chocolate soap? Makes me think of late summer. Cheers!

Denise said...

Yummy.

Yenta Mary said...

Ah, see, that's the seductive charm of those treats (which were included in one of the gift bags given to our staff at Purim last week, so I know just how tempting they are!) - blueberries, acai, dark chocolate ... of course, they're healthy! And we need all the health food we can get, right???

Chatty Crone said...

That would be my problem - I would eat the whole bag of health in one sitting! lol

Judy S. said...

Have you tried dark chocolate and cherries? Very yummy, too!

Anonymous said...

I received some of these for Christmas one year and I was "hooked!"

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails