Monday, November 16, 2015

The Wedding

Landmark Center, St. Paul, MN


 The new Mr. and Mrs.


As some of you may know, our first grandchild was married to her beloved a little over a week ago. I'm finally putting together a handful of collages for my own blog journal and family, and if you feel like looking at them, you're more than welcome to do so.

Her dad, our oldest son, officiated at the wedding, which was held at Landmark Center, St. Paul. It was a beautiful venue and a beautiful wedding ceremony. Before anyone asks, no, he's not an ordained minister, but he is licensed to marry and bury in the state of Minnesota. (I hope he doesn't have any plans for my near future - although he'd have to drag me across the state line, so perhaps not.) One of our daughters played piano, and the bride's sisters and her best friend were her attendants.

Some snaps before the wedding
Two grandsons, like waiting men everywhere, 
entertaining themselves by playing cards and smoking pretzels.
Mom and dad of the bride, lower right.



I didn't take photos during the ceremony, but some in the Landmark Center beforehand and others at W.A. Frost in St. Paul, where the reception was held. Sorry that I've got a couple repeats.

 Bride's cousins, our grandkids


Upper left: The happy couple who seem so very suited to one another. I got a kick out of this bottom left photo of the bride. She has her cellphone in her hand. This was not at the wedding, but at the reception, and I think she was going to snap a few photos herself. But still, it made me chuckle. Are our cellphones ever far from us??

Upper middle and right: Our daughters and granddaughter, sweet little Lucy.
That little snuggle bug up on the left with me, is one of our five year old grandsons and is a real charmer!  I get a hug without the slightest bribe. I love it. Another grandson dancing with his mom, mother of the bride, and our oldest son and Mr. C. visiting (politics even at a wedding? I'd put money on it.)


 At the motel where we were staying:
Grandpa playing 'Thumb War' with the wee ones.
That has got to be a universal grandpa game!

***


Check out my natural, handcrafted vegan soaps!
Buy any 5, Get 1 FREE

Two of my Christmas soaps:
'Figgy Pudding'
and
'Christmas Morning'

Want multiples? Please convo or email with your request.

...and more! Check out all my handcrafted soaps at

HomemadeSoapNSuch

and at

Our ETSY Shop 


***

This post is linked to
Judith's Mosaic Monday



 
Photobucket



42 comments:

Sara - Villa Emilia said...

Wonderful, heart-warming photos! Thank you for sharing.
Blessings to all the family!

podso said...

What a beautiful building and wonderful family photos. A lovely bride and her mom looks to be her sister. Love your boy comments!

TexWisGirl said...

congratulations to them! and you both look great. :)

MadSnapper said...

my dad married us and cried the whole ceremony, way back in 1963. beautiful bride and groom, her dress is so pretty and i am thinking it was cold since in the cellphone pic she has on a shawl... giggles on that photo. loved the smoking pretzels pic, i used to smoke grape vines at their age...

EG CameraGirl said...

Your granddaughter is very pretty and looks happy! Sounds and looks like the whole family had a great day too. I love the photo of you and your grandson snuggling. ;)

Tired Teacher said...

Congratulations all around!

Thanks for sharing your photos.

Rajesh said...

Beautiful couple made for each other. Wish then happy married life.

Brenda Kay Ledford said...

Congratulations to everyone. What an awesome wedding. The photos are beautiful. I wish the couple a very happy life together. Your granddaughter is very pretty.

Margaret Birding For Pleasure said...

Looks like a wonderful day for everyone and it was lovely to see your family photographs Judy

Anonymous said...

Lovely shots.

The Joy of Home with Martha Ellen said...

Congratulations to the happy couple! You look lovely at the wedding, Judy. Such a happy time for the whole family. Love the photo of the smoking pretzel boy! So cute. ♥

Butterfly 8)(8 Bungalow said...

Congratulations to them. What a happy day!

Pamela Gordon said...

It looks like a lovely wedding and celebration of marriage. I enjoyed the photos. Have a great week!

Donna@LivingFromHappiness said...

What a joy to see such love expressed with family...my niece just was married last month in Denver...such an incredible event to see younger family married.

Stephanie said...

Congratulations to the beautiful couple! The wedding sounded absolutely delightful and what a jy to have so many family members a part of it.

Hugs to you, Judy! It's good to stop in for a visit :)

Red Rose Alley said...

Judy, what a lovely picture of the bride and groom. The church looks beautiful. You have a big family, and the children look so sweet. I think children skipping along and playing at weddings make it even more special. I still have a picture of a little girl looking up at me and husband, and it's one of my favorites.

Have a splendid week.

~Sheri

DeniseinVA said...

A very heartwarming post and how I loved seeing all these photos. Congratulations to the happy couple, and thank you for sharing their day with us.

Terri D said...

Oh my goodness, what wonderful photos!! Your granddaughter is beautiful, the wedding was lovely (more pictures later, perhaps)! Congratulations to all!! Thanks for sharing the joy!

Sallie (FullTime-Life) said...

What a beautiful family. Joy shining through!

Arlene G said...

What a sweet wedding and so family oriented, which I LOVE! I would tell my son to just keep the funerals in MN!!

Karen @ Beatrice Euphemie said...

Such a precious bride and a lovely family - so much love there! Sweet little grands, too, all dressed up - so cute. Everyone looks so happy - I love weddings! xo Karen

Deb said...

Thank you for sharing your family wedding, Judy. Lots of talented folk in your family. A lovely bride and handsome groom. You must be very proud of such a beautiful family. And how lovely do you look. :)

Lowcarb team member said...

Judy
An absolutely joyous post - thank you for sharing your lovely photo's of such a happy day.
Wishing the new Mr and Mrs every happiness.

All the best Jan

ellen b said...

Looks like a wonderful celebration!

Judith @ Lavender Cottage said...

I have to chuckle because as women we sure love to look at photos of weddings and children. It was fun viewing the photos you took and from others too because I see a proud Grandma besides the thumb war champ in a few shots.
The wedding appeared less formal in attire and that to me is refreshing.
Have a good week Judy.

Michelle said...

Congrats to the bride and groom!

Denise said...

enjoyed the pictures, such a beautiful bride.

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

They really are a beautiful couple. I'm wishing them the very best for a blessed marriage. Sweet hugs, Diane

Cheryl said...

Are you kidding?! I love to look at family photos...and the wedding photos are beautiful!! The bride is perfectly lovely. Everyone looks happy. You look beautiful. And has anyone ever said how much Mr. Cranberry and your son resemble one another?! (All the time?)

(Thank you for your kind and encouraging comment on my blog. So grateful for His faithfulness!)

Lorrie said...

Beautiful wedding photos of your beautiful granddaughter and her new husband. The photo of you and your cuddly grandson is a keeper. So very sweet.

NanaDiana said...

What a beautiful couple, Judy. Your wedding photos are just beautiful and I really love the one of you with your grandson. He is adorable and you looked beautiful there! Hope you had a nice, quiet Monday. xo Diana

Mike@Bit About Britain said...

Looks simply wonderful, CM. What a fabulous family day. Loved the shot of the bride with the cellphone - I wonder what the essential accessory of the future will be? And you're looking very elegant - even more than usual!

Vee said...

Wonderful family photos...the bride beautiful and the groom handsome. May they enjoy a blessed and happy marriage. The photo I love best is your five year old charmer. I have never once received a hug that I didn't request.so that is very special indeed.

deb @ frugal little bungalow said...

What a great set of family photos...she's a beautiful, radiant bride and you have a lovely family, and you yourself look gorgeous! :)

Liz@ HomeandGardeningWithLiz said...

Oh what a happy event! The church is beautiful. How sentimental that her dad performed the ceremony! She looked beautiful and happy! I'm glad we have these cameras on the phones so we can capture moments like this and not have to carry a big camera all the time. Best wishes for the bride and groom for a long and happy marriage!

This N That said...

Handsome couple..good looking family..happy times...

Carla from The River said...

Hi Judy,
I enjoyed seeing the special day! Your granddaughter is beautiful, I love her string of pearls. :-)) Pearls are my favorite.
Sending prayers to the new couple.
Carla

Teresa S said...

Oh wow! I just love weddings! She looks so beautiful in her dress. Thank you for sharing this. I can see tha you had very warm and lovely weddings! Congratulations to the just married couple and your family.

ann said...

I am slow, again, in getting around. The wedding was lovely, wasn't it. The newly weds looks very happy. We wish them a long and happy life together.

Judy S. said...

What a wonderful opportunity for family photos, and how fortunate you are to have been there!

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful bride! May they share a lifetime of happiness.

Debby@Just Breathe said...

It all looks so perfect. What a lovely wedding. I can't imagine the pride you carried in your heart that day! What a beautiful blessing. Congratulations to everyone....nothing better than a family wedding.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails