Saturday, October 15, 2011

Bridges of England

Bridge of Sighs, Cambridge
Cambridgeshire 


Kevin and I are traveling to Denver for a week to see my brother and his family, but I should be back checking your blogs by the 24th. We are so blessed that a young family is going to be staying in our home while we're gone, taking care of Bridger, Misty, Lionel, and Tuppence. We could not leave if they were not doing this for us. I'm really hoping they don't regret this. On our part, it puts our minds at ease, knowing that our home and animals will be cared for while we're gone. 

So, I decided to leave you with a few photos of bridges of England. The bridges are much more beautiful than the photos I took, but I do especially like the one taken from the punt (with the umbrella overhead) in Cambridge.

Bridge over the River Cam, Cambridge
Cambridgeshire


Bridge at Bolton Abbey
North Yorkshire


Bridge at Bourton-on-the-Water
Gloucestershire

Bridge at Dorstone
Herefordshire


Bridge at Fountains Abbey
over the River Skell (I think)
North Yorkshire

Bridge over the moat at Helmsley Castle
North Yorkshire


Ironbridge over the River Severn
Shropshire

Bridge near Rievaulx Abbey
North Yorkshire


Bridge over the River Wye 
Herefordshire

I'm saving 'Bridges of London' for another time, and I'll plan to see you all on the 24th, if not before.

AND, for a few really gorgeous photos, take a look at Midwest to Midlands' post this week. She's got a beautiful bridge photo. I need to have a poster of her last photo with that sheep standing amidst the heather on the hill. My favorite!!

Have a great weekend, everyone!



...and more!
Check out all my handcrafted soaps.
Photobucket

13 comments:

Parsley said...

This is going to make my daughter visit here even more! Lovely!

Anonymous said...

lovely, thanks for sharing. This is Denise from shortybearsplace.

Anonymous said...

Lovely photos :) I like bridges. Thank you very much for sharing those photos. Have a lovely Saturday evening!

Joyce said...

I love Bourton on the Water...we were there often. Love the Bridge of Sighs...there's one in Oxford too. Enjoy your trip to Denver!

Empty Nester said...

I hope y'all have a fantastic time! So nice that you have someone to take care of the homestead and animals! Take loads of pictures!!!

Heide at ApronHistory said...

Love the pictures! Bridges are so photogenic! ;)

Have a great trip!

Ma What's 4 dinner said...

Sooooooooo gorgeous! Oh I wish I could go right now!

Lots of yummy love,
Alex aka Ma What's For Dinner
www.mawhats4dinner.com

Anonymous said...

I love bridges, thank you for sharing these. I can't wait to see the 'bridges of London'!

Michelle
A-Tisket A-Tasket

J_on_tour said...

Great stuff with the variety of structures and many locations.
I have just given myself a picture quiz with the titles hidden at the bottom as I scrolled down. Guessed right on .. 1, 2, 4, 6, 7, 8 & amazingly number 9 as the walking group I was with stopped here on our Rievaulx walk ( I remembered that you had been here).
I have never been to Ironbridge before & I must get myself back to Cambridge ... my total time spent here is about 90 minutes as a stop off point on the way to North East London 9 years ago.

Mama Hen said...

I love these pictures! You capture the feeling in all of your shots. I like the umbrella shot! These posts always remind me of how I would love to travel again soon. Have a great day!

Mama Hen

Lorraine said...

How funny - I walked over that bridge in picture 2 today on my way to a training class for work in Cambridge....I love your pictures - I live in England and don't take any notice of these things - and then I see your pictures and am like "wow what fabulous pictures"!!! thank you Judy x

Jean | Delightful Repast said...

Gorgeous photos, Judy! I have just one bridge photo from my travels in England - a stone bridge built by my great grandfather in the Lake District. It has his name and the date carved on one of the stones. Your Bourton-on-the-Water photo has me craving a visit to the Cotswolds.

laurie said...

Love all your photos....almost as good as being there!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails