Saturday, February 7, 2015

St. Peter Catholic Church, Tilden, WI



Especially for those who somehow grew up thinking that God was simply a huge, cosmic bully, waiting for them to do something wrong so that he could lower the boom, these verses from Psalm 103 might be an encouragement to you, as they have always been to me.


"He has not dealt with us according to our sins,
Nor rewarded us according to our iniquities.
For as high as the heavens are above the earth,
So great is His lovingkindness toward those who fear Him.

As far as the east is from the west,
So far has He removed our transgressions from us.
Just as a father has compassion on his children,
So the LORD has compassion on those who fear Him.

For He Himself knows our frame;
He is mindful that we are but dust."


Nothing we do will disappoint, surprise, shock, or impress God. He knows us. 

I am in awe when I think of the Lord of the universe having compassion and lovingkindness toward us.  As followers of Christ, we are called to extend that compassion and lovingkindness to others.

"Bear one another's burdens, and so fulfill the law of Christ. Galatians 6:2"



Have a blesssed Lord's Day, Friends.





Photobucket


This post is linked to



31 comments:

Nancy said...

Your church is a beautiful building.

How lost and lonely those without faith must be. I am comforted by the fact that the Lord is always with me and that he has known me since I was in my mother's womb.

Ginny Hartzler said...

A really inspiring Sunday devotional.

doodles n daydreams said...

Very true. And I like the sentiments in that sign, also very true.

Diana

Linda said...

Amen and amen!

Margaret Birding For Pleasure said...

An inspirational post

Unknown said...

That's a very beautiful church.
Enjoy your Sunday

Tom said...

A stately church indeed. Tom The backroads Traveller

Anonymous said...

My youth was spent attending St. Peter's Church and Academy in upstate New York. Nice Sunday reflection.

J said...

Thank you for those uplifting reminders. Yes, I do think we all focus on the fearsome features of God - and not on his paternal love.
At first glance, I thought your church was my own childhood one - St. Peter and Paul. It has to be from the same era. The facade and square towers are so similar. I can picture what yours looks like inside!

podso said...

How nice before heading to church to read this post this sunny Lord's day. Good Scripture, and powerful sign.

Linda said...

Beautiful post. Blessings to you on this Sunday.

MadSnapper said...

I have always liked this scripture. but he does repay mankind for their sins, the clue verse in this one this.
So the LORD has compassion on those who fear Him. Fear meaning love and obey.
he rained fire on the Isralites over and over and killed Davids son for his sins...

Sandi said...

These old churches are so beautiful.

That Mother Theresa quote is powerful...

Tanna said...

Beautiful, beautiful, beautiful post... I especially like your into. Coming from that background it makes me ESPECIALLY appreciate the Love I have come to know. blessings ~ tanna

Mari said...

Very beautiful words.Duch an inspirational thought. The church looks neat.

Elizabeth Edwards said...

i enjoy the 2 towers ... so cool! what a beautiful. i thank you for linking up with us. i love it!! have a great weekend! ( :

TexWisGirl said...

love the twin spires!

J_on_tour said...

Choosing Psalm 103 is inspired for what you wanted to say.

21 Wits said...

What a lovely place to share, it's beautiful there. Happy Sunday to you.

Debby@Just Breathe said...

Beautiful...I love churches!

Maureen @ Josephina Ballerina said...

Hi Judy!
I adore Mother Theresa.
If you have a moment, check out my last blog post. Have a bit about what's going on here.
Blessed Sunday,
m & jb (who says it would be a Lot More Blessed if Someone would let her go outside!!!!!!!!)

Carla from The River said...

Thank you!
xx oo
Carla

Anonymous said...

God is good!
What a lovely setting for this lovely church!

Michelle said...

A lovely devotional for today.

Terri D said...

Excellent reflection, and I love that sign. Thank you!!

Lovable Derek said...

This is a fascinating post with superb pictures.

Have a good week.

Billy Blue Eyes said...

Very nice church, I have not vised many catholic ones, even though I ma of that faith

Deborah Montgomery said...

Beautiful, comforting words. And a beautiful church.

Rose said...

Judy, this is/was a wonderful post. I really needed to hear that.

Jaśmin said...

Wonderfull litle church...

Anonymous said...

This is a favorite Psalm of mine. I've always liked the idea God knows we are but dust. :) That takes off a lot of pressure, doesn't it?

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails