Monday, November 4, 2013

Chicken Sausages, Sweet Potato, Parsnips, & Apple Recipe, Gluten Free


Chicken Sausages, Sweet Potato, Parsnips, & Apple Recipe:


If this is looking vaguely familiar, it's probably because this is a variation on a theme, another recipe using Alfresco gluten-free chicken sausages. So far, I've tried Spicy Jalapeno, Sundried Tomato, and Sweet Apple. Changing up the sausages and adding a variety of vegetables or fruit to them keeps it from getting boring. And they're delicious!

Another gluten-free recipe.

Alfresco GF Chicken Sausages (Apple, in this case) - 4, diced.
I cut each one in half lengthwise, then each of those halves in three strips, then diced up the strips. I'm pretty sure you could have figured it out by yourself. lol
1 sweet potato, pared and diced (In this case, I had just used the last of the sweet potatoes, so I used carrot instead)
2 parsnips, pared and diced
1 onion, sliced
1 McIntosh apple, cored and cut into chunks. Do not peel (pare?)

Black beans, rinsed and drained (1 can)
Cayenne (I used one of my dried cayenne peppers, opened and seeds sprinkled onto this dish)
Salt
Butter and Olive Oil

Saute diced sausages in olive oil and butter until one side is crispy. The butter helps brown them. Remove from skillet and set aside on a paper towel or plate.

Steam sweet potato and parsnips for a few minutes. Set aside.

In the skillet place onion and saute until translucent and limp and kinda caramelized.

In same skillet, add the browned sausages and steamed parsnips and sweet potato. Also add black beans.. Toss to heat thoroughly. Add apple chunks and heat thoroughly Sprinkle with cayenne seeds and salt. Toss again.

Serve.

Delicious!

P.S. Bonnie, I love that spoon holder you gave me! :-)


 ***

Buy Any Five, Get One FREE

'Lemongrass & Eucalyptus'

Natural, Handcrafted Vegan Soaps

...and more! Check out all my handcrafted soaps at



This post may be linked to one or more of the following: Mop it Up Monday  and Mosaic Monday and Barn Hop and  Get in My Tummy and  Cure for the Common Monday and  Clever Chicks Blog Hop and  The Marketplace  and  and  Market Yourself Monday and  Mix it up Monday and Make it Pretty Monday and Le Chateau des Fleurs and   Making the World Cuter Mondays and Make the Scene Monday and   Motivate Me Monday and  Making Monday Marvelous and You're Gonna Love it Tuesday and Knick of Time Tuesday and  Creative Showcase and Memories by the Mile and  Tweak it Tuesday and  Coastal Charm Tuesday and  Take a Look Tuesday and  Tasty Tuesday  and Adorned From Above and  Love Bakes Good Cakes and Mom on TimeOut  and Cast Party Wednesday and  We Did it Wednesday  and Whatever Goes Wednesday and  All Things With Purpose and Home & Garden Thursday and It's a Party at Creative Princess and Artsy Corner Thursday  and The Girl Creative, Thursday and Be Inspired and Time Travel Thursday and Thrifty Things Friday  and  Friday Fences and  Thursday's Inspiration and  The Self-sufficient Home Acre and  I'm Lovin' it Thursday and Creative Things Thursday and   Mandatory Mooch   and Foodie Friends Friday and Freedom Fridays and From the Farm and   Anything Blue Friday and Junkin' Joe and  Serenity Saturday and Get Schooled Saturday  and Inspiration Friday(ThursNite) and Vintage Inspiration Friday and Photo Friday and Share Your Creativity and   A Favorite Thing Saturday and Sunny Simple Sunday and Sunlit Sunday and  Saturday Nite Special

15 comments:

SImple and Serene Living said...

Looks delicious. I have to confess that I have never cooked with parsnips. xo Laura

Unknown said...

Sounds delicious.. I wish Chris was more of a fan of any kind of sausage, I would cook with it way more often :)

Trace4J said...

Looks wonderful.
I need to make this one too.
For breakfast lunch or dinner.
Woolie Hugs

Terri D said...

Looks and sounds delicious! I doubt I could get Joe to enjoy it, but I know I would love this!

MadSnapper said...

yummmm and me to on never cooked with parsnips, i saw that in laura's comment

Vicki @ lifeinmyemptynest said...

This looks healthy and delicious. It is so colorful too :-)

Judy S. said...

Wish I could find those sausages! That looks very tasty. I've never cooked with parsnips either. What else do you do with them?

Yenta Mary said...

What a beautiful, colorful, nutritious meal!

Susie said...

Oh yum. A very pretty dish and healthy too. :):) xoxo,Susie

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

I went back and looked at the spoon holder...how nice! Enjoy your week!

podso said...

My favorite kind of cooking It looks healthy and delicious. Thanks for the recipe!

Cheryl @ TFD said...

I'm like Laura and never have cooked with parsnips. Looks really pretty and tasty!

NanaDiana said...

That sounds delicious, Judy. My husband had never had parsnips in his adult life until I stuck them in some pasties a few years back. I love the flavor they add to a dish. My Dad just loved them-even plain with butter and salt and pepper- xo Diana

Unknown said...

I am loving your recipes!! This sounds so good. Have a super week my friend. Isabelle

Unknown said...

Featuring you tomorrow!!Hugs

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails