Thursday, November 7, 2013

Today's Schedule

The Grandpuppy
Waiting for the thin layer of ice to melt from the pond



Given to me by my cousin, Bobby

I had no idea how true this would be. This dog loves to be outdoors. She lies at the edge of the deck, looking out over the field below the house, and she lies beside the garden pond. When she wants to come indoors, she knocks on the patio doors. I'm not kidding. She uses her paw to knock on the patio doors! So I let her in.  Of course. Then she lies on the window seat, waiting to bark at the UPS man or anyone who should venture up our driveway. She's a great watch dog!

I need to teach her to ring the strip of bells beside the back door, in order to notify me that she wants to go out, like Bridger used to do. Then again, this dog almost always wants to go out, so...

***

CHRISTMAS soaps are ready!

Buy Any Five, Get One FREE

'Thyme & Lavender'
Natural, Handcrafted Vegan Soap

...and more! Check out all my handcrafted soaps at



This post may be linked to one or more of the following: Mop it Up Monday  and Mosaic Monday and Barn Hop and  Get in My Tummy and  Cure for the Common Monday and  Clever Chicks Blog Hop and  The Marketplace  and  and  Market Yourself Monday and  Mix it up Monday and Make it Pretty Monday and Le Chateau des Fleurs and   Making the World Cuter Mondays and Make the Scene Monday and   Motivate Me Monday and  Making Monday Marvelous and You're Gonna Love it Tuesday and Knick of Time Tuesday and  Creative Showcase and Memories by the Mile and  Tweak it Tuesday and  Coastal Charm Tuesday and  Take a Look Tuesday and  Tasty Tuesday  and Adorned From Above and  Love Bakes Good Cakes and Mom on TimeOut  and Cast Party Wednesday and  We Did it Wednesday  and Whatever Goes Wednesday and  All Things With Purpose and Home & Garden Thursday and It's a Party at Creative Princess and Artsy Corner Thursday  and The Girl Creative, Thursday and Be Inspired and Time Travel Thursday and Thrifty Things Friday  and  Friday Fences and  Thursday's Inspiration and  The Self-sufficient Home Acre and  I'm Lovin' it Thursday and Creative Things Thursday and   Mandatory Mooch   and Foodie Friends Friday and Freedom Fridays and From the Farm and   Anything Blue Friday and Junkin' Joe and  Serenity Saturday and Get Schooled Saturday  and Inspiration Friday(ThursNite) and Vintage Inspiration Friday and Photo Friday and Share Your Creativity and   A Favorite Thing Saturday and Sunny Simple Sunday and Sunlit Sunday and  Saturday Nite Special

29 comments:

Anonymous said...

She is a very beautiful girl.

Pamela Gordon said...

What a beautiful grand dog ! I think dogs are so smart. Our old dog, Marshall, who now lives at our son's, used to do that too. In and out, In and out, all day long. When he wanted out he'd stand at the top of the stairs and wait til I got the hint. When he wanted back in he'd knock on the screen door. It is so damaged from his toenails scratching down the wood that there are deep grooves and no paint on the wood. We are replacing that door next spring needless to say. It looks bad! lol It's really mild here today in the upper 50's but dropping to freezing tonight! BRRR.

Nancy said...

Your grand dog is just beautiful and obviously very smart. Animals always amaze me with their intelligence and love for their owners....I hope you have a great day..

NanaDiana said...

LOL- She's a beautiful dog but it is like having a toddler in the house for potty training. In out-In out. At least you don't have to get her dressed every time. Have a good day, Judy. xo Diana

ps. Your header looks just beautiful!!!!!

Deanna said...

What a gorgeous dog! Our Pyrenees, Shiloh, will come lay his chin on my arm if I'm at the computer when he needs out. If I don't respond immediately he increases the pressure. And then there are the pleading eyes.

MadSnapper said...

totally awesome dog and so very beautiful. that is baby's schedule.. she barks to go out and barks to come in. her first bark is a low gruff, second is louder the third one is ear piercing... love this post

Elizabeth Edwards said...

my wish is too have farm with dogs & cats a plenty. just for fun. always wish for a pug. the hubby think they r funny looking. maybe one day. cute sign. ( ;

Susie said...

Love your let dog in/out sign. Thats what our mom thought of us kids.LOL She'd yell...get in or go out, but stop slamming that screen door. Maybe all homes need a revolving door. xoxo,Susie

The Quintessential Magpie said...

Don't you love dogs? Love the sign, too.

xo

Sheila

TexWisGirl said...

the granddog is gorgeous! just want to hug that big ol' thing!

Muffy's Marks said...

She has the look of a rugged outdoorsy type. Hope your arm doesn't get sore from all that opening and closing!!

Donna said...

What a beautiful dog!

Grandma Barb's This and That said...

The sign made me laugh! I guess it is true while you have that beautiful grandpuppy there.

Ruth Kelly said...

My cat was the same way. She expects me to just let her out and in when her fancy strikes her.

Chatty Crone said...

That is one big beautiful grand dog! So pretty.

Butterfly 8)(8 Bungalow said...

So sweet... What a pretty dog!

Empty Nester said...

Hey, you have the same schedule I have! LOL I had to take the job at school just to get some rest from opening and closing the door for Tucker. :)

Terri D said...

What a beautiful dog, and what fun! I miss having a dog, but can't fit one into our lifestyle right now. Maybe someday. Cats work for us right now. Looking forward to my soaps arriving this week!

Donna Wilkes said...

I have the same schedule - just add two cats to the mix. They are worth it though.

Judy S. said...

Ice? Brrrr! Smart doggy to wait for it to melt, but I'll bet it was still cold!

Beth said...

What a beautiful dog! Sounds like she has you wrapped around her little finger, er, paw.
That's what dogs do...they leave pawprints on our hearts. :)

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

You get plenty of exercise with a pet! And look at that face...he's so worth it! Hugs!

Daniela @Frugal Aint Cheap said...

I am a dog lover 100%. We have 2 outdoor dogs who LOVE to be outside. Your dog is very beutiful

Lady Linda said...

Love the sign, what a riot. We are kitty people so I'm not too familiar with caring for dogs!
Enjoy your guest!

Trace4J said...

What a beautiful Grand Puppy!
So smart too.
I love the company mine gives me.
She wants to eat the UPS driver too.
Woolie HUGS

Under Her Wings said...

I love it! And I feel quite sure I would love her. She is absolutely beautiful.

Magali@TheLittleWhiteHouse said...

That little schedule made me laugh, because it's quite what my life is these days. It's rainy and chilly here, so the cats keep wanting to come in, only to forget one minute later that it's cold outside, so they ask to come out!!! Aaarggghh! Sometimes I wonder if I'll get anything else done in the day!!!

Mary@mydogsmygardenandmary said...

I just love your dog. I have a BC, Waldo and he looks so much like your dog. So smart - he really protects me. I put a dog door in so they can go in and out. Much easier.
Have a terrific weekend.
Mary

J_on_tour said...

That's a great schedule …. for the dog !

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails