Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Gathering The Moments - September 2014


September was a trip to visit Eric and the Amish in the Westby, WI area.
Cows, pastures, barns, flowers, signs, handcrafted items, etc.
I've already shown many of the other photos of chickens, goats, and other things, but here's one of my favorites, for the second time:

 Sam's rooster, peeking out from the coop
Yep, Donna, I think he does look like Donald Trump.


 I love the lines in the silo and the barn



September also took us a couple hours east to visit family in Wisconsin, the making of Oliver's baby blankie, visits with the kids, dinner with Carla's wonderful family (visit her at The River Flowing blog and see her boys' colorful schoolroom/playroom, above).  And this week our gorgeous northwoods are alive with color!

Another sunrise shot, September 24, 2014


LINKING TO

Cheryl's

***


Check out my natural, handcrafted vegan soaps!
Buy any 5 or more, Get 1 FREE

Lots of Fall & Christmas Soaps!

Large 4.5-5.oz bars

...and more! Check out all my handcrafted soaps at


Although I usually forget to do it, there is a chance that this post will be linked to one or more of these great linky parties: Inspiration Monday and  Artsy Corner Thursday and Treasure Box Tuesday and Vintage Bliss Tuesday and KatheWithAnE and Rubbish Tuesday and Tuesday with a Twist and  Knick of Time Tuesday (vintage)  and   Tweak it Tuesday and Vintage Inspiration Wednesday and Ivy and Elephants Wednesday and Adorned From Above  and All Things With Purpose and Home & Garden Thursday and Good Fences on Thursdays and  Time Travel Thursday and Freedom Fridays and Junkin' Joe and Vintage Inspiration Friday

29 comments:

Vee said...

These posts are great for remembering all that goes in in a month...quite a lot! Now I'm going back to see what I may have missed. Not a lot I bope because I have been reading every few days.

http://thankfullga447 said...

Thank you so much for the beautiful photos.

TexWisGirl said...

just loveliness. and love. great photo of the two of you. :)

Cheryl said...

Oh, your September was beautiful and blessed! Any time that we can enjoy the moments with family is golden, don't you think?

You have such an eye for beauty...the beauty of the grand and also the everyday. I, too, appreciated the lines in the barn and silo, as well as the light and shadow in the rooster.

Thank you for "gathering" with me this wonderful month of September!

MadSnapper said...

your Sept sunrises are just so beautiful and I like all your captured moments in the collages... so many memories to grab and save for the future. and you did it.

Debbie said...

LOVED all of this, but especially the rooster picture! And the picture of the two of you was REALLY good too!

Rebecca Jo said...

Donald Trump.. I hope they named that chicken that :)

podso said...

A wonderful month for you with family time and fall color! And what a blessing to have second generation homeschoolers in your family!

Debby Ray said...

Love that rooster photo...and of course the sweet family moments that you captured throughout the month. Fun times!

Maggie Ann said...

How beauiful a trip and how precious your pictures!

Maureen @ Josephina Ballerina said...

Oh wow! He DOES look like Donal Trump!

Margaret Birding For Pleasure said...

HI Judy what a great idea that making a post like this. I love both your collages and that last shot is stunning

Lorrie said...

Haha - Donald Trump. Must be the hair!

A great look at September in your corner of the world.

Deb @ Frugal Little Bungalow said...

A nice synopsis filled with lovely photos!

Handsome rooster for certain! :)

Dicky Bird said...

Beautiful pictures - yes, I agree for some reason that rooster does look like "The Donald"

Victoria's Vintage Designs said...

What a nice way to preserve the memories! Thanks for sharing...

Amy Burzese said...

Looks like a great month!

Ginny Hartzler said...

What wonderful pictures! I love the rooster, the silo, and the beautiful golden leaves.

Anonymous said...

Hello Judy,
What wonderful photos of all that happened in September. A great mix of family, friends and animals. That rooster is a beauty.
I love this time of year when the colors change. Have a good week.

Ruth Kelly said...

Fun memories. What would we do without our pictures?

Donna said...

It looks like you had a wonderful month! I had to laugh at the rooster. I DO see the resemblance!

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

This is such a wonderful way to share your special moments. I always think....next month, I'll join in! Love seeing the close up of you and your hubby...what a handsome couple you make! Hugs, Diane

A Colorful World said...

Blue and orange (the chicken and cloth), the blue and red (the sky and barn) and all the wonderful colors that surround your happy trip....bring me a great deal of joy as well. It looks like such an amazing trip! Great photos!

Carla from The River said...

I spy a photo of two boys I know. :-)
I love the photo of you and Kevin. So sweet!

Debby said...

What fun memories you have from all those special moments. that new baby is just precious.

NanaDiana said...

Judy- This is a wonderful post full of great memories and beautiful photos! I love the idea of doing a month of pictures in one post like this.

I did see your soap giveaway but won't sign up because I get homemade soap from a friend. Three people are going to be VERY lucky though. xo Diana

Maryann said...

Beautiful sunrise shot, looks like you all have some autumn color going on already.

Debby@Just Breathe said...

Looks like it was an awesome September!

Terri D said...

Gorgeous!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails