Friday, September 12, 2014

Pumpkin Cheesecake, Apple Cheesecake, Gluten Free Recipes



Here are the two cheesecake recipes I promised. I hope you'll enjoy them.

Caramel Apple Cheesecake, Gluten Free Recipe: 
 
CRUST:
1 c graham cracker crumbs (I would use a gluten-free cookie or cracker)
1/2 c finely chopped pecans
3 Tbs sugar
1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
1/4 c butter, melted


FILLING:
3 (8 oz) pkg cream cheese, softened
3/4 c sugar
3 eggs
1 tsp vanilla
4 c apples, peeled, cored, and thinly sliced (I used Granny Smith, but only because the original recipe called for them. I think they hold up better than my McIntosh do.)
1/3 c sugar
1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
1/4 c chopped pecans
Caramel sauce


Crust:
Heat oven to 350. Mix crumbs, pecans, sugar, cinnamon and butter. Press into bottom of a 9-inch springform pan. bake 10 minutes.


Filling:
Beat cream cheese and 3/4 c of the sugar at med speed until well blended. Add eggs, 1 at a time, mixing well after each. Blend in vanilla; pour over crust. 


Toss apples with combined 1/3 c sugar and the cinnamon; spoon mixture over cream cheese layer. Sprinkle with chopped pecans. Bake 1 hour and 10 minutes. Loosen cheesecake from rim of pan; cool before removing rim of pan. Refrigerate until thoroughly chilled. Drizzle with caramel sauce.  Oh My Goodness!


Apple Cheesecake

Pumpkin Cheesecake - Gluten Free Recipe:


Ingredients:
1 pkg. Gluten-free ginger snaps, crushed (about 1.5 cups crumbs). I bought Mi-Del from Walmart
3/4 c. ground hazelnuts
3 T. brown sugar
6 T. unsalted butter, melted

Preheat Oven to 325 degrees F. Grease (cooking spray) a 9-inch springform pan.

Toss gingersnaps, hazelnuts, brown sugar, and melted butter until mixed. Press this mixture onto the bottom and a little up the sides of the springform pan.

Filling:
3   8-oz. packages of cream cheese, softened
1 c. brown sugar
1 1/2 c. canned solid pack pumpkin
1/2 c. heavy whipping cream
1/3 c. maple syrup
1 T. vanilla extract
3/4 t. ground cinnamon
1/2 t. ground allspice
4 eggs

With an electric mixer, beat the cream cheese and brown sugar until fluffy. Stir in pumpkin. Mix in the cream, maple syrup, cinnamon, allspice, and vanilla. Beat eggs in, one at a time. Mix all until smooth.
Pour batter into prepared crust (above). I also set it on a cookie sheet because my springform pan was filled right to the top. I was supposed to bake it in the preheated oven for 90 minutes, but it took a good 120 minutes before it was done enough.
Remove from oven and allow to cool in pan for an hour, then refrigerate several hours before serving. I made mine in the afternoon of one day and served it the evening of the next day, so it was well chilled.

Pumpkin Cheesecake

I know, you don't like the way that looks. That's the part you break off and eat before the company arrives.


(Caramel) Apple Cheesecake Slice
The caramel is optional. 

There. Now you have two cheesecake recipes to try out over the weekend.



What's a 'weekend'?


***


Check out my natural, handcrafted, vegan soaps!
Buy any 5 or more, Get 1 FREE


'Clover Blossom'

...and more! Check out all my handcrafted soaps
(including Pumpkin Spice and Frosted Apple)
 at

26 comments:

Trace4J said...

yummmmmmmo!!
yummmmmmmmo!!
Thank you for sharing.
Wish I had some now.
Have a great weekend :)

Arlene G said...

Those look absolutely scrumptious!! And that is one of my favorite quotes by Dowager Violet!!

The Quintessential Magpie said...

Yum, Judy!

xo

Sheila :-)

Dicky Bird said...

Looks amazing - I've never made a cheese cake from scratch - I will have to try these. Thanks for sharing.

The Cranky said...

I love apple anything, so guess which recipe I'll be trying! Thanks for sharing. =)

MadSnapper said...

your table and dishes with the food is just beautiful... i know they all three were delicious.

Maureen @ Josephina Ballerina said...

Well now, Judy, I am going to a covered dish wedding down in Virginia the last Saturday of this month. I think you just provided this gluten-free girl with the perfect thing to bring! I will have to change out the dairy, but tofu cream cheese tastes and acts pretty much like the real thing. So, voila!
:) m & jb (who doesn't eat apple cheesecake)

Primitive Stars said...

Morning, oh boy, love pumpkin anything, great recipes. Blessings Francine.

Cheryl said...

Pumpkin. Cheesecake.
What a perfectly lovely combination!! :)

Linda Kay said...

Great recipes...thanks for sharing. Love the picture of Maggie Smith from Downton Abbey....can't wait for it to come back on.

Debbie said...

Oh my these sound just delicious, and I am going to try them both eventually! Yum! Enjoy your week-end!

camp and cottage living said...

Looks delicious, Judy. I am so glad to see more and more gluten free recipes as I'm trying to get off of the flour and sugar habit!
My days all run together too now that I'm not working..

Lorrie said...

YUM! And I enjoyed seeing the Dowager Duchess at the end. Great quote!

Chatty Crone said...

Yum!!!!!!!! You had me at caramel.

Debby@Just Breathe said...

Gingersnaps, what a great idea! I must make these. I L.O.V.E. cheesecake. Thank you so much for the recipes.

L. D. said...

I was just watching P. Allen Smith on pbs and he was making cheesecake. He used the hazelnuts only for his crust and added butter. Your two recipes look really great and so does your actually cheesecake.

Terri D said...

They look delicious!!

Lynne said...

Thanks for the recipes . . . I will try them but I doubt if it will be this weekend! Yum, yum . . . and yum!

podso said...

It would be nice to serve GF to a GFer when they come for dinner. All GF I've tasted is delicious, and would they not feel special? thanks for the recipe.

Muffy's Marks said...

The cheese cakes sound delicious. But I really love your antique dessert plates. Have they been in your family long, or did you hit the jackpot at a thrift store?

Cathleen said...

So much delicious goodness in one post. This looks amazing!

Lady Linda said...

Oh my goodness. I am having company next week and my friend is thinking about going gluten free. My daughter's MIL is also gluten free, so these are wonderful.
Thanks for the speedy delivery with the soap. My friend is getting one of those too.

Hootin Anni said...

They both look so delicious!!!

Eileen said...

Big family reunion next weekend so will probably try both.

LOVE your soaps!

Blessings

Eileen

craftyallieblog said...

We're so glad you joined our party but we only accept Pinterest Pins.
Please link this up again as a pinterest pin so we can repin it for you. http://www.craftyallieblog.com/2014/09/our-favorite-things-pinterest-party.html

Anonymous said...

These look delicious! And I couldn't help noticing those pretty dessert plates.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails