Monday, October 11, 2010

Italian Dinner Party Potluck

We had such a fun time when our friends joined us recently for an Italian dinner party pot luck. The week before the party, I ordered several CDs of Italian music through inter-library loan and settled on Dean Martin Italian Love Songs and another CD, Viva Italia, popular Italian songs along with the mandatory (in my mind) mandolin.


 Setting the mood 
my new candy corn candle from Country Cabin


 Some of our younger guests
Don't you love that hat!!!


When Dean got tired of crooning in Italian, we were serenaded by this lovely young lady and her harp.


 Italian Plum Pie - it was delicious!!
made by the same young lady who played harp


All dressed for a party!













What do we do when we get together? Well, we discuss the amazing grace of God and politics and knitting and books, act silly, eat great food, and enjoy each other's company. Sometimes we play word games.

And now, of course, I realize that I didn't take any pictures of those men who were sitting out in the kitchen! They managed to evade the roving camera.
Last, but not least, the FOOD:

Counter clockwise from left: Pistachio Jello, Spaghetti with anchovies, Stuffed shells, Italian club soda, focaccia.


From front: Tuscan Chicken Stew, Italian sausage soup, bowties, and sauce for a delicious beef roast!


 Desserts: Pumpkin cheesecake, apple cheesecake, Italian plum pie


Couldn't resist taking a photo of Kate's cute shoes :-)


Recipe for Tuscan Chicken Stew coming tomorrow!

This post is linked to Making the World Cuter Mondays
and Meet and Greet Monday
and Motivate Me Monday
and Just Something I Whipped up Monday

P.S. We are currently traveling, but I wanted to schedule this to publish today.

16 comments:

Yenta Mary said...

Oh, what a FEAST!!! I wish my loved ones were more sociable ... that would be such a fun evening!

Unknown said...

mmmmmmmmm....Italian....there is no better food in my book!!! What a great evening you must have had...looks like fun!

Unknown said...

Yum! What a fun time!

Michelle said...

I second that yum above me! I love italian food. I love getting together with friends, how fun. I was just visiting Counting Coconuts site and learned that it is national pasta month, did you know when you planned this italian feast?

J_on_tour said...

Looks like you had a great night. I often find that on nights like this that the men find a room nearer the food !!, speaking of which, what a great display of tasty food.... something there that we all recognise from your recent post. Dean Martin singing Italian... now there's an unusual thought !

Sherry @ Lamp Unto My Feet said...

What fun! I love Italian food! Love the sound of the harp and mandolin! :)

Judy S. said...

Looks like you had a yummy good time!

Mama Hen said...

I love the shoes! They are very cute! your party looks like a warm and fun time filled with yummy food! Great pictures! I love seeing happy gatherings! I will place my order in a bit! I am excited toorder your soap! have a great night!

Mama Hen

Denise said...

Such an awesome feast, and wonderful family time.

Cranberry Morning said...

Michelle, I had no idea when I planned this dinner that it was national pasta month. :-) What is next month? Actually, I'm planning a Guy Fawkes party and bonfire for November 5. As long as the corn is harvested before then, we should be good. Would hate to burn down the corn field from some errant sparks!

Jay, I remember listening to Dean Martin when I was a kid. He always sounded a little drunk to me. :-) But in Italian, it doesn't sound as bad. LOL

Thanks for all the fun comments. I'll pass along the shoe compliment to Kate. :-)

SomeGirl said...

YUM! That looks like such a fun (and delicious) time!

Unknown said...

That's quite a spread there! Looks like you guys had a great time!

partialemptynester said...

Oh, what fun! The sights, smells...and sounds! All make for such a wonderful party! And what's a party without a great pair of shoes? LOVE Kate's shoes, thanks for including them!

Deborah said...

So this is what Mike and I missed!? Too bad for us. What a lovely evening complete with cheesecake and awesome shoes. :D (and everyone looked like they were very content...after that spread of food who wouldn't.)

Debra Hawkins said...

Wow that party looks amazing. What a wonderful idea for a party. That food looks amazing!

Bethany Nash said...

Wish we could have been there!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails