Monday, May 28, 2012

Butterscotch Chocolate Krispie Bars Recipe - Gluten Free


I would like to warn you first: These bars have enough sugar to induce a coma.

But, they're really, really good!!

So just in case you want to make a treat that almost everyone will love, I'm posting this super-simple recipe.  In fact, I cringe when I see someone actually purchase Krispie bars at the convenience store. ICK.  Do they not know how simple it is to make these?? Besides, those look dry and disgusting. These are moist and gooey and delicious. So if you're going to eat something with no redeeming nutritional value whatsoever, at least please don't buy it. Make it yourself. In fact, with a little supervision, your kids could make them.

Butterscotch Chocolate Krispie Bar Recipe - Gluten Free

1 c. Light corn syrup
1 c. Sugar
1 c. Peanut butter (I used extra-chunky for these)
6 oz. Semi-sweet chocolate chips
6 oz. Butterscotch chips
6 c. Krispies, any type of Rice Krispies gluten free cereal

Pour the Krispies into a large stainless steel bowl. Set aside.

Melt chocolate chips and butterscotch chips either in a double boiler or in the microwave. Be careful if you use the microwave. Chips have been known to start smoking when not closely attended. How do I know this? Hmmmm.

In a heavy saucepan, mix corn syrup and sugar. Bring to a slow boil. Remove from heat and stir in the peanut butter until it's well mixed in.

Pour the corn syrup, sugar, and peanut butter mixture over the Krispies and stir until it's mixed throughout.

Press Krispie mixture into a greased (It's not enough that we're killing you with sugar, so let's make sure there's enough fat in here too!) 9 x 13 cakepan.

Spread melted chocolate chip and butterscotch mixture over the top of the Krispies in the pan.

Set in the refrigerator to set the chocolate. In a couple hours it should be set, then you can cut them and serve.


And no, I still don't have that new camera.
Take pity on me.

***


'Nana's Garden'
See my NEW GALLERY OF SOAPS at
HomemadeSoapNSuch

 You'll find me at These Linky Parties:
Mop it Up Monday and French Obsession and  Skip to My Lou and Bedazzle Me Monday and  What's in the Gunny Sack and  Making the World Cuter Mondays and Make the Scene Monday and  Made By You Monday and  Something I Whipped Up Monday and  Motivate Me Monday and  Making Monday Marvelous and Cozy Home Scenes and  Get Your Craft On and Tip Me Tuesday and Maiden d'Shade and  Inspiration Board and  Your Home Cozy and You're Gonna Love it Tuesday and  Made from Scratch Tuesday and  Take a Look Tuesday and  Tasty Tuesday and Tasty Tuesday and  Tempt My Tummy Tuesdays  and Two Maids a Baking and What's Cookin' Wednesday and Exodus 35 and DJs Sugar Shack and  Cast Party Wednesday and The Shady Porch and   We Did it Wednesday  and It's a Party at Creative Princess and Link it Up Thursday and Crafty Friday (Thursday) and Petals to Picots and  Threading Your Way and Lisa's Gluten-Free Blog and Favorite Things Friday and I'm Lovin' it Friday and It's a Hodgepodge Friday  and Creative Bloggers and  Serenity Saturday and Overflowing With Creativity and  Home and Family Friday

 
Photobucket

23 comments:

MadSnapper said...

you are bad bad bad girl. i gained 2 pounds looking at the first photo and another 3 reading the ingredients and how to mix. yummmmmmmmmmy

Denise said...

Wow, looks so yummy.

Debra Hawkins said...

I think I may have gained five pounds just looking at this picture.:)

Yenta Mary said...

Oh, my word! And I've been craving sweets, too. Good thing I don't have most of the ingredients, though it'd be an easy drive to get them ... or I could walk to the store, and justify the calories!!! You're right - there is no reason to buy chemical-laden dry treats, when these are fresh and fabulous, provide entertainment for the kiddies, and make the kitchen smell so wonderful, too!

momto8 said...

looks great! theses are the same ingredients I put in my peanut butter eggs for Easter! I cannot make a lot...they are my weakness!

Lisa~A Cottage To Me said...

These look delish! Thanks for sharing!

Unknown said...

All I can say is: Bring on the sugar coma!!!! :)

Cherry's Prairie Primitives said...

Looks Super delicious!!

Midwest to Midlands said...

I agree weight gain just looking at those, but love them. If I walk to the store and back wonder if that would be enough to eat 1/2 batch by myself?

Ruth Kelly said...

Those bars looks so scrumptious. I am just salivating.

Candace said...

I'm pretty sure that I don't even want to know the points value of these cookies; but you know what? I'm pretty sure that with a plate of these in front me, I would completely not care. These look absolutely amazing, Judy. Yum!

Spencer said...

Looks awesome. I would love to try some. They just look so tasty.

Eileen H said...

They look delicious!

Unknown said...

How could I not follow after reading your recipe?! They look amazing, thank you for sharing

Tanya :)

Lois Christensen said...

I am guilty of purchasing these in the grocery store! Your recipe looks like something my girl would LOVE! Thanks for sharing! Pinning this one for the future! Enjoy your day!

Kim Rosema said...

Oh man! These sound amazing!

If you have time, I would love for you to share this on my link party:

http://www.maidendshade.com/2012/05/youve-got-it-maiden-dshade-link-party-2.html

Thanks and have a great day!
Kim

Chatty Crone said...

I am so surprised you have a recipe for a desert with sugar - lol. And they look to die for - I probably would be in a coma. They look yummy. sandie

Carla from The River said...

YUM YUM!
I am going to make these with Sam and Atticus. :)

Unknown said...

These look too yummy but perfect for bringing to work (so we don't end up eating ther whole pan full) I would love it if you would share at my linky party Tout It Tuesday http://www.claimingourspace.com/2012/05/tout-it-tuesday-8.html

Dawn @DJ's Sugar Shack said...

OH MY these sound awesome. The boyfriend would love these; he's a HUGE fan of anyting with butterscotch. I'm hosting a weekly link party and would love for you to share this Whatcha Whipped Up Wednesday

Terri @ A Creative Princess said...

Oh my gosh, they look delicious!! I agree with Jenn, sugar coma, here I come!! Thank you so much for linking up, Judy.

Dorothy @ Crazy for Crust said...

Oh, I love butterscotch krispie treats! And I super love how you frosted them with chocolate!

Erin said...

These sound heavenly! I don't know why someone would buy them either. They are SOOOOOO much better homemade. And these sound wonderful!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails