Wednesday, May 2, 2012

The New Blogger Calendar


Is someone asleep at the wheel at Blogger? 

Above you see pictured the calendar as it's been known for thousands of years: The first day of the week is Sunday.

From BibleGateway.com:

  1. Matthew 28:1
    [ Jesus Has Risen ] After the Sabbath, at dawn on the first day of the week, Mary Magdalene and the other Mary went to look at the tomb.
    Matthew 28:1-3 (in Context) Matthew 28 (Whole Chapter)
  2. Mark 16:2
    Very early on the first day of the week, just after sunrise, they were on their way to the tomb
    Mark 16:1-3 (in Context) Mark 16 (Whole Chapter)
  3. Mark 16:9
    [The earliest manuscripts and some other ancient witnesses do not have verses 9–20.] When Jesus rose early on the first day of the week, he appeared first to Mary Magdalene, out of whom he had driven seven demons.
    Mark 16:8-10 (in Context) Mark 16 (Whole Chapter)
  4. Luke 24:1
    [ Jesus Has Risen ] On the first day of the week, very early in the morning, the women took the spices they had prepared and went to the tomb.
    Luke 24:1-3 (in Context) Luke 24 (Whole Chapter)
  5. John 20:1
    [ The Empty Tomb ] Early on the first day of the week, while it was still dark, Mary Magdalene went to the tomb and saw that the stone had been removed from the entrance.
    John 20:1-3 (in Context) John 20 (Whole Chapter)
  6. John 20:19
    [ Jesus Appears to His Disciples ] On the evening of that first day of the week, when the disciples were together, with the doors locked for fear of the Jewish leaders, Jesus came and stood among them and said, “Peace be with you!”
    John 20:18-20 (in Context) John 20 (Whole Chapter)

 Anyway, you get the idea. The Sabbath was the Seventh Day and Sunday was the 'first day of the week.'

 In fact, I did a Google image search for 'calendar' and the first many, many entries that showed up show the week running Sunday through Saturday.

Even my laptop calendar, down in the right-hand corner of my monitor, to which I refer many times as I'm scheduling blog posts, is like the one above, in that it runs Sunday through Saturday.

So what do you suppose the Blogger people were THINKING when they put the new calendar on the new BLOGGER DASHBOARD for us bloggers to schedule our posts. Their new calendar is like the one below:



What??!!

I'm sure that I'm not the only one who has experienced scheduling a post only to have it show up on the wrong day because we're used to a calendar that has Sunday as the first day of the week.

I suppose the next thing we'll see clocks that have 1 o'clock (instead of 12 o'clock) at the top. It would make as much sense.

And with the new Blogger platform, it takes about 5 attempts at posting a photo, rather than one simple click. Just sayin.'

Please stop fixing things that ain't broke!

Grrrrrr.



...and more! Check out all my handcrafted soaps at
HomemadeSoapNSuch


Looking for the perfect gift for Mother's Day, Father's Day, Birthdays, Teacher Appreciation, Graduation, etc. ?


Don't miss my 20% off sale on all our luxury, handmade soaps.
Sale runs through May 4th. Now's a great time to stock up!
 
Photobucket

15 comments:

Denise said...

I totally agree.

Joyce said...

I have had a lot of blogger issues recently, particularly uploading pictures. Ugh.

Unknown said...

Didn't you know Blogger is taking over the world? They are going to keep making these subtle changes until they have succeeded.
I don't know what happened with my blogger account, but I have not been switched over to the new way, so I'm not experiencing the type of problems others are. I'm sure now that I said it out loud, the blogger police will be at my door this afternoon!!

Amy, a redeemed sheep said...

I didn't notice that little calendar detail. Grrrr is right!

Patricia @ ButterYum said...

Agreed - makes no sense at all.

Eileen H said...

I do not like the new blogger at all.
I hadn't seen the calendar and you are right, the week starts on Sunday!

Heide at ApronHistory said...

I know what you mean! As soon as you get use to where everything is, they go ans change it all around!
I do think you can switch back, at least I have a button in the little tool icon that will do it.

Carla from The River said...

I HEAR you! I am in the same boat!

Just let things be!!!

I say that a lot.

:-)

Ruth Kelly said...

I haven's switched to the new blogger - anyway, I don't remember doing it. Some kid who doesn't know any better must have done the calendar.

Terri @ A Creative Princess said...

I could not agree more!!

momto8 said...

craziness, I know!! I try (haha) to keep things as simple as possible and they keep making things so complicated!!

Judy S. said...

Here's one old dog that doesn't like new tricks, especially ones that don't make sense!

Under Her Wings said...

Yep! If I could find the time to post right now, I'd be MAD! Actually I tried to post something and got frustrated and quit. Pictures, at that!

Chatty Crone said...

I so totally agree with you about that! And there is no way to really get in touch with them! lol
sandie

Rachel said...

Trying to play catch up with my blog reading, expect a lot of comments from me!! :) I hadn't even noticed the calendar on Blogger, you are right, that makes no sense.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails